Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Lets play Silent Hunter III: The shark ace.

(1/10) > >>

Gunner-Chan:
Well. I decided it was time for me to do another of these. And hell why not try WWII again?

-----------
What is it?
-----------
This is a try at something diffrent.This is an LP but we're trying for more character interaction and even development. It's not required but reccomended to interact that much, there will be missions and patrols in progress, and pauses in events at times to allow the crew to chime in. It's fairly unrestricted but do what makes sense. Don't just try and mess with someones job unless you have a reason for instance.

We're going to be members of the U-Boat crew of U-713. Our patrols will start around "The happy times" before the extent of the dangers of sub warfare became apparent. Anyone can be a crew member, just give them a name and introduce them somehow at some point. After some crew joins we'll go off on a patrol and Ill post updates. Both of events and thoughts/writings from the captain. Again, anyone can do whatever they want if things are quiet.

-----
Rules
-----
Anyone can ask for a character, and will be given a position on the boat. Ask for any position that doesn't seem taken or just for a general posting. In either case that's all thats required but as this is a sort of attempt at more than just that try to work some character into your representation on the boat. Characters can die if the boat takes fire, if you get wounded or killed then that's it... Making another character is fine though, just try not to make them a carbon copy of the last one. And plus, I'm more likely to promote those who make an effort at making themselves useful on our boat...

As an exception. The captain and the XO are not able to be killed due to not being modeled in the crew roster.

Spoiler: Current crew (click to show/hide)Captain - Oberleutnant zur See Janine Rotsmann (Janet.)
---
Only female U-Boat captain in the Kriegsmarine. Caring to her crew but Vicious and uncaring to her enemys. To the point of having a rather psychopathic streak towards the british. Her odd position in the Kreigsmarine is suspicious to say the least... Especially considering most of her apparent Military service in the past is off limits to the general public.

XO - Leutnant zur See Hugo Ohling (Workerdrone.)
---
Cynical and odd. He was accidentally "transfered" to the 7th flotilla simply because he was picked up by the wrong truck, and was hastily assigned to U-713 to prevent high command from seeing their mistake. Because of this the Captain is suspicious of him.

Sound Operator - Bootsman William 'Private Dumps' Jones (Shadowdump.)
---
A thinly built individual. Laid back. Usually uncaring about others motives when they interfere with his own needs. Highly unprofessional, perhaps even careless at times. His nickname seems to have stuck since command mixed him up for a Kriegsmarine recruit back during his training.

Weapons officer - Oberfähnrich zur See Stefan Kraus (Chaoticag.)
---
Absentminded, and clumsy, it is a wonder he's assigned to launching torpedos... Otherwise cheery, and social, but doesn't deal with emotional situations well. Frequently stressed out due to the captain having no patience for his calculations, regardless how vital they are.

There are 40 others on the boat... Who are they? Maybe one of you guys out there?

Spoiler: August 1st, 1939. The first patrols. (click to show/hide)Lieutenant Rotsmann had been examining a heap of documents at her office, most had been heavily censored or altered in some way. To her confusion they all from what she could pick out alluded to possible aggression by the british. Less confusingly she saw that some hinted at aggression from the poles. After putting these aside she heard her door open, and looked up in time to see a familiar but grim face.

She stood herself up and saluted the officer, who did so in kind. He attempted to soften his face a little, before addressing her as warmly as he could manage.

"At ease Lieutenant." He urged, waiting for her to take her seat again before moving to her desk. Placing down what to her surprise looked like orders...

She took them and looked them over. "A patrol?" She asked him questionly. He nodded. "Yes... As you should know the chancellor doesn't think the last war was completely over. If it helps Lieutenant just try to think of it as defence. That's all it is a patrol. Report back when you've taken your crew and searched the area for any signs of hostility."

She lowered the orders, watching the senior officer coldly. "This is abou-" He raised his hand carefully, to stop her. "As much as I don't like it those are the orders. The boat is ready, and I assure you this isn't the only patrol going out today."

She sighed and took stood, trading salutes with him again. "Yes sir." She responded half heartedly before he nodded and left. She turned back to the desk before following, putting the strewn documents into a cabinet before leaving to follow her orders.

As she got there, her new home away from home loomed over her... U-713, one of the Kreigsmarines long ranged type VIIB U-boats. She glanced at the orders again, AO93. Near the Netherlands and Poland. She didn't like the looks of this... But orders were orders.

WorkerDrone:
I am all over this like barbeque sauce on a burger.

chaoticag:
Awesome, it's up.

Rilder:
Rukder Von Baden-Baden reporting for duty as an AA Gunner, Ma'am! *Salutes* No bomber shall be able to land a bomb on this boat!
(Impetus and Loyal young Soldier who doesn't yet know what war is about)

Also this is going to be epic.  I don't think I've ever seen a SH Lets-play,  the Subsim forums have patrol reports but never fully fledged Lets-plays...

Jackrabbit:
Can I operate the sonar?

I'm not actually sure if those were included in U-boats. Presumably they were. But yeah, that'd be awesome. This'll be awesome, I want to get SH-III so bad.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version