Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ballistas  (Read 2299 times)

derigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ballistas
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 07:18:25 pm »

Oh I didn't look at the reaction before, shaostoul.  I was saying do something like this:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:CHEAT_3]
[NAME:Super Steel Ballista Ammo]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:CUSTOM_C]
[REAGENT:A:1:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:STEEL]
[REAGENT:B:1:SIEGEAMMO:ITEM_SIEGEAMMO_BALLISTA:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SIEGEAMMO:ITEM_SIEGEAMMO_BALLISTA:METAL:SUPER_STEEL]

or something along those lines(not 100% on the syntax still).  That way you avoid introducing a metal thats crazy overpowered into the game, but still get the super powerful ballista arrows.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 07:22:44 pm »

/shrugs

all I got to really say...

if he's cheating for super ballista ammo he'll be cheating for super steel for other stuff in no time.

Funny thing though, when I cheat, say I have my current fort made out of granite... I change all values of stone to zero. Most metals are zero.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

derigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 07:35:47 pm »

I'm always less interested in cheating and more interested in adding a balanced feature to the game.  I totally understand the necessity of it for like a superproject you want to make out of 1 material, though, no question. 

But other than that, the vanilla game is super easy, why would I want to make it easier? ;p

Was my syntax right on that reaction?  I wasn't sure.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 07:52:30 pm »

I'm not sure on the reagents, I don't really mess with those too much.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

derigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 07:57:24 pm »

Yea me either. ;p
Pages: 1 [2]