Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Digging Massive Vertical Stairways Without Getting Carpal Tunnel

<< < (4/4)

Corona688:

--- Quote from: herrbdog on May 05, 2010, 10:32:22 am ---Can dwarves still fall down up/down stairs ('X')? I remember them falling some 10 z-levels in early .40 so I stopped using them.
--- End quote ---
Yes, they can.  If they fall for whatever reason they'll keep falling until they hit solid earth.

Lately I've gone off stairs entirely though.  You can't pump fluids through them so if you flood a section by accident you might be stuck.  Everything ramps, all the way.

Skorpion:

--- Quote from: Corona688 on May 05, 2010, 05:32:46 pm ---
--- Quote from: herrbdog on May 05, 2010, 10:32:22 am ---Can dwarves still fall down up/down stairs ('X')? I remember them falling some 10 z-levels in early .40 so I stopped using them.
--- End quote ---
Yes, they can.  If they fall for whatever reason they'll keep falling until they hit solid earth.

Lately I've gone off stairs entirely though.  You can't pump fluids through them so if you flood a section by accident you might be stuck.  Everything ramps, all the way.

--- End quote ---

They can fall down them?

Damn. Now I need to rethink my designs for stairway-towers.

Or just adapt Project Pave The Sky. That involved a gigantic walled stairway tower with a landing halfway up, so I suppose I could use that design.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version