Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Always crawling on the ground, can not stand up  (Read 9467 times)

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Always crawling on the ground, can not stand up
« on: May 04, 2010, 07:47:51 am »

Hello, forum. I got $subj with my adventurer, and in description it says that i got 'tiny curving scar on my right lower leg'. It's yellow wound, and it's present for about a couple of years (as soon as i got it i've settled in my hometown & played in fortress mode for some time). What could i do? Would it ever heal
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Always crawling on the ground, can not stand up
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 07:53:52 am »

It might be a nervous tissue wound. I have no idea if there's a way to check this in adventure mode, but AFAIK you need to loot a crutch from your old fortress to walk properly now.
Also, nervous tissue never heals.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 08:07:20 am »

or a tendon or legament got cut.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Village_Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 09:45:28 am »

"z" then "h" will show any current health problems you have, including severed motor nerves and tendon/ligament injuries

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 09:57:27 am »

"z" then "h" will show any current health problems you have, including severed motor nerves and tendon/ligament injuries
Thank you!:)
It might be a nervous tissue wound. I have no idea if there's a way to check this in adventure mode, but AFAIK you need to loot a crutch from your old fortress to walk properly now.
And you too. But what skill do i use while crutch-walking in am? No change with speed with crutch.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 03:44:54 pm »

What are the wounds in the health menu? Tell me EXACTLY what it says.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 03:46:09 pm »

or a tendon or legament got cut.

Both tendons and ligiments heal.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 03:47:59 pm »

It does eventually. I guess it depends how severe, just bruising probually heals after a bit.

But "TOrn apart" ...Ouch... I dont think that will ever heal.

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 06:04:43 pm »

Nervous damage never heals. You're adventurer is going to have to either retire to some settlement, telling tales of his former glory to the new heroes and children as he lives in a constant state of misery, rembering the life he once had.

Or he could go out in a blaze of glory against his enemies, brandishing his crutches alongside his weapons.

denito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 11:34:59 pm »

(as soon as i got it i've settled in my hometown & played in fortress mode for some time)

Hmmm.... I wonder, if you retired an injured adventurer in a fortress and then reclaimed with a doctor, would the doctor fix your adventurer?

If the answer (as I suspect) is no, because doctors ignore friendlies who are not actually dwarves of the fortress, than try this:  can you use dwarf therapist to get him marked as a proper fortress dwarf so the doctor will see him?
My wife: "Are you playing that midget fort game again?"

Boingboingsplat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 12:09:11 am »

(as soon as i got it i've settled in my hometown & played in fortress mode for some time)

Hmmm.... I wonder, if you retired an injured adventurer in a fortress and then reclaimed with a doctor, would the doctor fix your adventurer?

If the answer (as I suspect) is no, because doctors ignore friendlies who are not actually dwarves of the fortress, than try this:  can you use dwarf therapist to get him marked as a proper fortress dwarf so the doctor will see him?
Can you retire in dwarven ruins? Because once you abandon so you can get the adventurer to your fort it's a ruin. (Well, iirc)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 12:21:44 am »

I don't believe it's possible to settle down in an abandoned fortress.  However, it is possible to retire in a town and then embark on top of that town.

I did this a couple times back when people got trophies for all their kills (in the form of earrings, bracelets and so forth).  Adventurers would get their kills noted, so I'd wind up with some dude wandering around with several pages worth of elf leather rings.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 06:21:35 am »

Nervous damage never heals. You're adventurer is going to have to either retire to some settlement, telling tales of his former glory to the new heroes and children as he lives in a constant state of misery, rembering the life he once had.

Or he could go out in a blaze of glory against his enemies, brandishing his crutches alongside his weapons.

Again Im pretty sure simple spine tissue bruising DOES heal