Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: *Contest* Alganon giveaway  (Read 1804 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
*Contest* Alganon giveaway
« on: May 05, 2010, 10:38:54 am »

deleted
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 06:09:08 am by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: *Contest* Alganon giveaway
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:43:27 am »

-watches, opening up a fortress and stonesense-
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 10:55:30 am »

deleted
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 03:15:43 pm by hemmingjay »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 11:00:53 am »

Any chance we could get a screenshot of a monument or two? All I see is images of monsters and this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 11:05:36 am »

Just looking for you guys to make your own structure or design to honor Alganon or Quest online. I can post some pic of ingame structures if needed, but you can really just create anything at all.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 11:06:48 am »

Okay :D

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 11:07:41 am »

Crikey, graphically, there is virtually no difference to WoW.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 11:17:47 am »

Crikey, graphically, there is virtually no difference to WoW.

Agreed. It was clearly a decision to attempt to make it a comfortable transition for WoW players and aimed at the players who no longer wish(or never wished) to pay for a subscription fee. After I got past the graphics and the first 10 levels(which are the same quests and tutorials present in EVERY mmo) I found better storylines and more interesting enemies. I am also enjoying the crafting. There is a sense of generic elements that are there intentionally to get us used to the game and enviroment while preparing us for expansions and dlc/shop addons.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 11:39:16 am »

Is the crafting useful, as in, you won't get better stuff than what you can craft by killing that monster over yonder?
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 11:39:27 am »

How does the trial work? Is it time based or level-limited? Might give it a download when I get in.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 11:47:54 am »

In my experience crafting yields superior items but you need to continue crafting better and better items as you go to outpace loot drops.

The trial is time limited and i think there is a limit on levels of crafting and certain skill gains but not on level or area restrictions. https://www.myalganon.com/account/create/registration_source/

If you do play, my alias is Hemmingjay and I have characters on each server, so let me know where you are and I will try to help you if I can. The population is low on weekdays right now due to no advertising on the relaunch, but more and more people are on everyday. It is expected to slowly and steadily grow like guildwars and eve.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 01:34:01 pm »

Back in the day a pen and paper RPG came out call Gurps and people were angry that it "ripped off" many other games, but was eventually loved by many people for the fact that it incorporated great ideas and built upon them in a familiar way.

GURPS is a 'generic' roleplaying system. People who were angry that it was ripping off other games were just being silly.

Also, it is still perceived negatively by PnPers for an inability to maintain player interest and flaws in the game mechanics.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 02:18:04 pm »

I see nothing worth of depicting obn game screenshots. Or art. hell, game doesnt even have a logo that cna be recreated in dawrf fortress. ALso it is.. flash based? What?
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 03:15:07 pm »

I see nothing worth of depicting obn game screenshots. Or art. hell, game doesnt even have a logo that cna be recreated in dawrf fortress. ALso it is.. flash based? What?

Flash based?! What flavor was the crack you smoked?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 04:11:36 pm »

I am gonna make a huge pyramid with some rock things flowing off to look like the snake...maybe they can be microcline snakes.
Pages: [1] 2