Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Argh! How do I solve this problem?!

(1/4) > >>

Maxxeh:

EVERY TIME! he builds the wall from the wrong side!! I just want a goddamned pond with nobody in it!

this problem also counts with channeled pits which have been designated to remove the ramps.. it ends in a similar way!

dwarfguy2:
1:designate a one tile dump zone.
2:dump an item there.
3:forbid the item.
4:???
5:PROFIT!

Scarpa:

--- Quote from: Maxxeh on May 05, 2010, 04:06:26 pm ---

EVERY TIME! he builds the wall from the wrong side!! I just want a goddamned pond with nobody in it!

--- End quote ---

Deconstruct one wall to let him out.

Then set three walls to be constructed inside the pond "covering" the hole and suspend them. Then build the final piece of wall. The mason *should* avoid the suspended walls and build from the 'outside'.

Hyperturtle:
I think I am missing on how that solves the problem.

I had the same issue once and tried to have another dwarf build a ramp, and he made an up ramp at the top of the pond, floating over the air, with no option to make a down ramp.

In the pond there was no material for the non mining dwarf to build with, as he got trapped or fell in.

Of course then there was the time when I dug the last tile of the channel and like three dwarfs were swept into the pond.  I naturally didn't consider using a floodgate as I wanted the pond filled all the time, so things didn't turn out well for them!

slink:
You don't need all three spots inside covered by a suspended wall, just the one that is straight face-on to the desired wall space.  In other words, designate a 2-tile wall including the spot you want filled and the spot just inside.  Suspend the construction of the wall inside.  A Dwarf will build the one you want from the outside because that is the only place left to stand that does not involve standing on a suspended construction site.  Then remove the suspended wall, for neatness.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version