Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reclaim Mode  (Read 1251 times)

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reclaim Mode
« on: August 21, 2006, 01:34:00 pm »

Alright let's dicuss reclaim mode - how far has anybody gotten?  What are some tips?

I reclaimed my 100 pop fortress, but my main problem seems to be morale - my dwarves (the ones I convert to workers) usually end up very unhappy even with bedrooms and whatnot.

I think in large part this is due to the massive miasma present EVERYWHERE.  All the corpses originally in the fortress stay there, as corpses, and create an enourmous cloud of miasma.

There is also one exploit (?) for reclaim mode:

If you reclaim, say with 3 squads, then abandon again, you can reclaim again, but with more squads.  I went in with 3, abandoned, then was allowed to bring SIX squads the next time (with an increase in points as well).

I love this mode idea though, but hopefully some of you guys have tried it with more luck than I have.

Kayumi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaim Mode
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 01:55:00 pm »

I believe that relieving a military dwarf of active duty counts as an unhappy thought, as well, but I forget if that's just for the ones with no non-military skills.  If you have a big miasma, you might try turning off everything but refuse-hauling and cleaning for a few dwarves for a little bit and proceeding a bit less rapidly on the full reclaiming until the garbage is removed from each preceeding section...

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 02:30:00 pm »

I've heard that, in reclaim mode, dwarves don't become unhappy when being demilitarized due to possessing a military and civilian profession.

GauHelldragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 03:45:00 pm »

Supposedly, if your dwarf is very skilled, he doesn't like being drafeted, and if he's got no skills, he doesn't like leaving the military

Janne Joensuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 04:13:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by GauHelldragon:
<STRONG>Supposedly, if your dwarf is very skilled, he doesn't like being drafeted, and if he's got no skills, he doesn't like leaving the military</STRONG>

I thought that dwarves only disliked draft if they didn't have any military skills... I haven't noticed my Legendary Miner/Novice Wrestler complaining recently, but it might be just a coincidence.

Janne )`*