Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Attacked by a nothing  (Read 763 times)

Attacked by a nothing
« on: May 06, 2010, 04:16:16 am »

I was just starting up a new game in which the only mods were Phoebus's tileset and Chariot's Zoo mod. In said game, I was Kelvas Swiftcut the Swordsman. I had just finished training my throwing skill to legendary, and had just gotten an ally (A fellow human swordsman). I then decided to go out into the wilderness to train my wrestling against some deer. I went to the fast travel screen and moved two squares up, at which time I was ambushed.

Now this is where it gets a little weird.

Upon entering the ambush area, there was nothing there. Literally, nothing around. My ally began moving toward an empty square, that I couldn't seem to see into. This empty square was approaching my ally, as if there was supposed to be an enemy there, but there was nothing. Literally, a nothing. My ally swung his sword at "A nothing" but his sword went "right through". I entered the fray, hoping that two swords were better than one, but alas, my scimitar merely clove the air. I decided at this point that my best chance of killing this thing would lie in learning more about it. So, I examined it with "l" upon which, I discovered what I had already so far surmised, it was "A nothing" and it seemed to have hit locations. So, I pressed "d" for a more detailed description, at which point my Dwarf Fortress promptly crashed.

I went through Chariot's zoo raws and I couldn't find anything called "nothing" and I don't have time to go through the whole dwarf fortress raw folder to see if I can find it there either. I'm just wondering if any of you guys have come across this little bug, and if so, how would one go about fixing it?

Thanks!
Hey, look what I did!
Dr. Melon cancels read post: spelling incredibly poor.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Attacked by a nothing
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 05:12:02 am »

Chariot's zoo mod hasn't been updated for 0.31 yet, so this beg the question: which version are you playing? If you tried playing 0.31 with chariot's zoo mod, then that's the problem.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 08:48:18 am »

As far as I was aware, they were updated. Atleast for DF2010. Is that not 0.31? Here's the link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=52222.msg1133473
Hey, look what I did!

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 09:18:39 am »

Updated for DF2010:
Botany Mod 3.0 - 150 new plants.
Dendrology Mod 2.0 - 76 new trees.
Cuisine Mod 1.0 - 64 new meal types.
Angler Mod 2.5 - 35 new fish.
Full Graphics Set

Not updated yet:
Zoo Mod 3.5 - 84 new creatures.

Alternate Civs Graphics Sets
Modular Civilizations - Never released
Armory Mod - 19 new weapons.

As far as I can tell, the zoo mod isn't updated yet. I also checked on Dwarf Fortress File Depot to make sure there wasn't an updated version there.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 04:24:38 pm »

Well, poo... I was hoping that I had found a really big bug in the game, but it was just user error.

:/

Thanks anyway!
Hey, look what I did!