Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Damnit, my FPS! (Tagged Spoilers)  (Read 3978 times)

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Damnit, my FPS! (Tagged Spoilers)
« on: May 06, 2010, 08:08:03 pm »

So continuing on with my "generate tons of worlds till I get a nice site" syndrome, I whipped up a batch of 8 worlds and started checking them out.

World 8, I find The Spot.  It's basically everything I want:  Cold, brook, volcano, flux, sand.  Even some plants and trees.  Embark, take a look around, looks pretty cool.  Reveal it, notice the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
looks a little funny, and the
are pretty skimpy, but whatever.  Reload, set up my first few designations and unpause.  Wait.  Wait.  Watch everyone take a step.

Hmm... my FPS is in the toilet... what's going on.  Wait, I remember something deep looked weird.  Reveal again, go to the bottom.  Abandon site and never look back:

Edit:  And I just realized I put this in Question, not Discussion.  Sorry.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Re: Damnit, my FPS! (Tagged Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 08:28:56 pm »

Second time this bug happens? Interesting.
Is your fort on a site with extreme cliffs? the fault should probably be on the cliff's border.

Another thread where this happened. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=56244.msg1223809#msg1223809
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Damnit, my FPS! (Tagged Spoilers)
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 08:48:31 pm »

Second time this bug happens? Interesting.
Is your fort on a site with extreme cliffs? the fault should probably be on the cliff's border.

Another thread where this happened. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=56244.msg1223809#msg1223809

Yep.  I've been making worlds with volcanoes and Periodically erode extremes cliffs is off, which ironically seems to cause volcanoes to make giant sloped cones, rather than sheer cylinders.