Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Stranger Moods!  (Read 12372 times)

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: Stranger Moods!
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 06:02:00 am »

It would really be like playing some horribly wrong version of Pokemon.

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010, 08:37:41 am »

Monthly Mood.  Affects only female dwarves, and when they get it, they kill and dismember the first male dwarf that says 'Good morning' to them..

I'll leave it up to your imagination what they might produce after the mood.
I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 09:09:36 am »

Urist McFemale has created a spattering of blood!

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 09:31:35 am »

Although the idea of a "Love Mood" is amusing (with the modification Ummon made; the original suggestion needed refinement), the problem with it making legendary children is that when you get a craft mood, you have to jump through hoops to get your reward.  That's fine.  Opportunity + Effort = Reward.  But for the Love Mood, there's no Effort.  It just happens and Bam free Urist McUber.  Now maybe if the Love Mood requires you to create or free up a legendary dining room and a legendary bedroom for them to use and permanently claim, then you actually have to work for it.  Or something along those lines, where the mood isn't just a free dwarf.

Also, Love Moods should go beyond your population caps :-P.  If Armok says a child will be born, a child will be born!

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 10:20:38 am »

Distrubingness of to OP aside, my fortress born children allways end up being quite pointless. They just dont last 12 years. Either due to me getting bored and making another fort or (more likely) to dying horrably.

So it wouldnt realy matter whether they are legendary or not. And I cant possibly be the only one with this issue. Probabaly. Right?

About the grinding thing: I dont realy agree. Your the one to decide whether or not to do what little grinding you can do in DF. And how would you 'grind' for sexy moods? Make all you peasants dabbling lovers?

Those other moods like the excessive (extravagant!) mood sound fun though. In fact, I would like my dwarves to be a bit more picky about their moody ingredients. Right I have to force them to not make artifacts of microcline (rarrrrg!) instead of native platinum.
And how could I possibly disagree with an Urist McMadscientist making a Urist McFrankenstein? Ah, the possibilities. Cant wait for moods to be a bit more varied.

As for how much of this might actualy happen: Toady said he had some ideas with moods now that a creatures soul is an entity seperate from its body. Not sure about anything exact, but it could be neat. Might be a while untill then but hopefuly there will be something there before the whole magical artifact thing.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

riznar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2010, 10:28:20 am »

Soldiers should get customized weapon style moods.

They declare "I must have axes! I must have rope!" and come out with axe-chucks and become Legendary Exotic Weapon Masters

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2010, 10:44:01 am »

They declare "I must have axes! I must have rope!" and come out with axe-chucks and become Legendary Exotic Weapon Masters

Sword-chucks, yo
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

herrbdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 10:46:28 am »

As to the strange 'romantic' mood... it has happened to me. A certain girl and I, well, we always were close, then one day (totally sober, mind you) we went nuts. No baby though, thank Armok. Never had a relationship with her other than just being friends, before or after. Now dwarves with their drink, I think they'd have a non-stop bacchanalia! Kinda like in Dune, with the party they had after they drank the waters of life (or whatever it was). I know other people who've hooked up like that, as well. It happens. Does it need to be modelled in DF? Dunno.

I think it's appropriate though.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 11:28:32 am »

some of you people really need help

riznar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 11:38:56 am »

You're only insane if you suffer from your condition(s)

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 12:43:38 pm »

some of you people really need help

NO U
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2010, 01:04:19 pm »

Soldier moods.

Type I:Trophy.After killing a named beast/semi/mega/forgotten they will drag it off to the butchers,then to craftsdwarfs/leatherworkers and make a trophy out of its skin/bones/whatever.He will then wear it for the rest of his life and get happy thoughts.

Type II:Warlike.If theres a named beast in your zone,the dwarf will forget everything else and rush off to fight it.Includes great fun.Will get happy thoughts after it.Will also get double combat exp during the fight.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

riznar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2010, 01:30:50 pm »

Soldier moods.

Type I:Trophy.After killing a named beast/semi/mega/forgotten they will drag it off to the butchers,then to craftsdwarfs/leatherworkers and make a trophy out of its skin/bones/whatever.He will then wear it for the rest of his life and get happy thoughts.

Urist McBarbarian cancels Station: Making nice hat

I support this

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2010, 01:47:15 pm »

I need Gopher-chucks, now!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2010, 01:59:10 pm »

I need Gopher-chucks, now!
Menacing with spikes of carp.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5