Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Stranger Moods!  (Read 12376 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Stranger Moods!
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2010, 02:02:25 am »

Urist McPumpy: I MUST HAVE FLUIDS!

*giggle*

There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Fluff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2010, 02:38:17 am »

This thread was worth it just for the marital pun. Although I admit that I didn't see it straight away.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2010, 02:53:57 am »

Urist McTrainer cancels Tame War Animal: Strange Mood.
Urist McTrainer has been stricken with wanderlust!

(Urist runs off and leaves the fort.  A year or more later, they return, with the following message.)

Urist McTrainer has tamed the wild Cheetahs of the Dune of Gates!

They re-enter the fort with 3-5 animals of the specified type, split between males and females.  They can now train this animal regardless of the presence of a dungeon master.

Urist McPeasant cancels Store Item In Bin: Strange Mood.
Urist McPeasant has become an Adventurer!
(Urist grabs an axe, shield, backpack, three rations, and runs off and may or may not return years later, pack laden with coins from far-off lands and trinkets picked up on his journey, missing an ear, and carrying 9 severed wolf heads for no apparent reason.)
[EDIT] And also having become a legendary thrower.

i'm kind of impressed that two of the best suggestions i've seen in a long time came out of this travesty of a thread

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2010, 03:08:15 am »

Hi!

I have to admit that the adventurer and tamer moods are very interesting indeed.

Personally, I am also very much in favor of moods or something else to cause dwarves to engage in illegal activities. I mean, we have a full justice system (okay, more like a court martial), but it is mostly triggered by impossible or ill-timed mandates or dwarves who are insane or involved in tantrums. Dwarves who get overwhelmed by greed and steal things from other dwarves, or dwarves who secretly murder dwarves they bear grudges against would add a lot of depth and atmosphere to the game in my opinion.

Speaking of atmosphere, I also like the dark myth engraving mood, although I think there should be some kind of (corrupted) benefit to it as well.

Deathworks

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2010, 05:03:35 am »

...And now I must wonder what a strange Pump Operator mood would look like...

Urist McPumpy cancels operate pump: Strange Mood.
Urist McPumpy has claimed a screw pump!
Urist McPumpy: I MUST HAVE FLUIDS!
Urist McPumpy has begun a mysterious pumping operation.
Cacame MacElfyPants cancels peaceful trade mission: sky is magma.

And you just made me want to floor over and wall in a z-level with glass and pump magma into it, thereby creating a magma sky.

Or just skip the walling in part, and make a four-sided magma curtain.
くコ:彡

Rasta69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2010, 07:00:53 am »

How about this. A millitary dwarf comes under a mood. Runs off to a Legendary Barracks/Armory. Demands a certain type of weapon ie steel battle axe, wooden short sword etc etc. He then Super trains to Legendary. As an added bonus if you don't complete it in a given time period (which could be doubly dangerous if he's already started to train) axe crazy results!
Carp and elephants and magma oh my!

TigerPlushie

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_DRAMA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2010, 07:38:02 am »

i'm kind of impressed that two of the best suggestions i've seen in a long time came out of this travesty of a thread

I'm scum, alright, I get it ò_ó
Dwarf cancelled making adamantium short sword: Strange mood.
Dwarf has entered a marital trance!
Dwarf has claimed a bedroom.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]