Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Very British Civil War-1938  (Read 5852 times)

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Very British Civil War-1938
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2010, 08:50:56 am »

Ohh, I'd prefer being a Loyalist, or a Mercenary. Maybe some veterans from WWII? I would imagine that we'd be more of a squad sent to ersuce people, kill certain people, retrieve documents, destroy documents, etc.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeah, It's Charlemagne, with a sword, by Dürer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2010, 12:29:02 pm »

Ohh, I'd prefer being a Loyalist, or a Mercenary. Maybe some veterans from WWII? I would imagine that we'd be more of a squad sent to rescue people, kill certain people, retrieve documents, destroy documents, etc.
I would think it would be WWI veterans, not WWII, but good idea. And maybe the players could choose their background, if someone didn't want a WWI vet. But yeah, that's pretty much what I had in mind.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
               Voltaire

"To have another language is to possess a second soul."              
               Charlemagne

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2010, 07:31:17 pm »

OK guys, so I'm going to start writing the rules up now, so, here's a list of the factions and faction-specific unit types I think should be included.

Factions;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unit Types;

Thoughts? Additions? (P.S. I'll be coming out with a weapon list next, then character statistic rules, then weapon statistic rules. Then charts for all of these, might be 2 weeks to a month, depending on outside input :D.)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 07:33:31 pm by Char13magne »
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
               Voltaire

Charlemagne

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2010, 07:41:58 pm »

If you want to retain your sanity, I recommend you reduce your unit types a LOT. Trust me, It's insane to even deal with one tenth of that many unit types.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2010, 07:47:44 pm »

OK, I'll try, *sigh* :-\
               Voltaire

Charlemagne

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2010, 07:49:34 pm »

How about this?

Unit Types;

Still too long? If so, what do you suggest I cut?
               Voltaire

Charlemagne

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2010, 08:12:21 pm »

Pathological Killer
and
Confirmed Lunatic
can go. At least Confirmed Lunatic should go because Pathological Killer seems to do the same job.

Paid Assassin
might not be much different from a Bounty Hunter or a Mercenary.

Brigand
and
Hired Gun
are like a Mercenary.

Sepoy
and
Gurkha
seem too far from home.

remove the mercenary, BUF and Nationalist Saboteurs, there's no need to replicate the same unit. Make the Saboteur a Any faction.

Soviets in Britain? Mind telling me why they are there? :P

That's some of them.

You have good ideas, but you just need to trim things down, because not only is too much information bad for you, but it's also bad for the players. Not everyone can pay attention to all those units.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2010, 05:58:16 am »

Sure, but they aren't soviets in England, they are Soviet outfitted, Russia has seen fit to provide them with weapons, equipment, and light armor.
               Voltaire

Charlemagne

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2010, 06:09:18 am »

What do you guys think of, instead of doing this, going even more basic, and then giving different loadouts of weapons ond skills to differentiate further?
               Voltaire

Charlemagne

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2010, 02:01:34 pm »

I like the idea of more basic as a base, then individual customization.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2010, 03:28:24 pm »

OK, very good.
               Voltaire

Charlemagne
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]