Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32

Author Topic: Worst Artifacts ever!  (Read 74289 times)

Batta

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Wyvern
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Artifacts ever!
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 01:03:57 am »

Artifact thongs. Always good for a laugh.

Mishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 01:15:48 am »

Gongith Bobrur, "The Squid of Mothers", microline scepter.

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 01:23:52 am »

Really anything made in a craftsdwarfs workshop sucks. Those things only serve as goblin bait.
Ok, and kobold bait.

TheDancinZerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 02:55:22 am »

I had a cage made of dwarf bones once, made from a fell mood.  Just dwarf bones, no spikes, nothing, just a cage of dwarf bones...

Rastaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 08:21:45 am »

I had a cage made of dwarf bones once, made from a fell mood.  Just dwarf bones, no spikes, nothing, just a cage of dwarf bones...
You'd better fill it with elves to balance things out.

Dave Mongoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2010, 08:59:47 am »

I guess to lock that cage you'd need a.... skeleton key?

*ba-dum-tish*

Village_Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2010, 01:41:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

also, my medical dwarf went insane, totally skipping going into a mood a couple months before this

It's bauxite, that means you can make a bedroom for a noble, flood it with magma, and then re-use it without wasting a bed!

Pheonix_RE

• Bay Watcher
  • (sic)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2010, 02:23:04 pm »

Just had a moody dwarf make a leather sandal.
It was a fey mood, so that means I'll be able to make masterwork leather armor or something along those lines, but a sandal.
Must of been the dwarven equivalent of Apollo who compelled this dwarf to make this artifact, then.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2010, 02:47:21 pm »

I just got a jeweler to make a perfect topaz. Should have forbidden the lesser quality gems so he'd use the emeralds... I don't even know how I can take advantage of it in any way, it's not like anyone but topaz lovers will ever take note of it unless it's in some sort of building.
The dolt then became a gem setter. At least i can stud the nobles underwear drawers with pipe opals.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ItchyBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2010, 05:46:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

also, my medical dwarf went insane, totally skipping going into a mood a couple months before this

It's bauxite, that means you can make a bedroom for a noble, flood it with magma, and then re-use it without wasting a bed!

It has claystone as a component. I wouldn't put it anywhere near magma.

Rorcayt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2010, 09:02:10 pm »

Artifact thongs. Always good for a laugh.
I loved it when a dwarf made a set out of my first baron... EVER.
The cavern cats almost liberated hell..... Cats are in fact useful...
When they got fake cat serpent headed ice breathing demon enemy's, and no elves in sight.

Kazang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2010, 10:49:19 pm »

Aren't most artifacts pretty useless?

In my current fort I have a amulet, bracelet, ring and crown(Called Flayervirgin made of fire agate :D ) which are not much good for anything other than just having.  Although I think the ring does sound pretty cool as well.
Also got a cat leather shield called Amazingnames the Present Music (lol), a pig iron gauntlet and a chalk cabinet.

Artifact bucket would be awesome anyway!  Imagine how chuffed you're dwarfs would be drinking from a well with an artifact bucket, they could be washing off the blood of their children at that well and all would fine. 

nervousmigrants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2010, 12:12:29 am »

I have a birchen earing.  With a picture on it, in birch.

Of ITSELF.

Oh god the recursion it burns
GENERATION ALEPH-NULL:  The first time you see this on any forum, go troll someone with your signature.  Social experiment.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2010, 12:16:29 am »

a stone bed covered in spikes?
sounds pretty useless and unpleasant to me
noble of your choice
Even if dwarves cared about the spikes, there's always a use for sharp objects.

Especially in nobles' bedrooms.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Randy Gnoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2010, 01:54:23 am »

I had a dwarf go into a fell mood, and was stoked.  I expected something like a baby-bone shield, or a pair of dwarf leather pants, or something wicked like that that would at least be ominous to have around- even if I didn't have much use for it.

What happened?  He ran to the nearest refuse stockpile, picked up the first dead vermin he saw, and cranked out a Fluffy Wambler Earing, decorated with Fluffy Wambler fluff.

How the hell does a dwarf go into a fell mood, and make something that damn cute?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32