Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Remember that squad you sent out to kill hoary marmots?  (Read 5749 times)

Kazindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Remember that squad you sent out to kill hoary marmots?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 09:38:36 pm »

if you used a kill (or move) order you have to manually cancel it when it is done, otherwise they will sit there waiting for the marmot to resurrect so they can kill it again. Any wonder they go insane?

If you don't watch the corpse, how do you know it's not come alive again and is trying to stab you in the back? Eh? EH?

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Remember that squad you sent out to kill hoary marmots?
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2010, 09:58:53 am »

They were very unhappy about the long patrol they were on.  Some of them were smart enough to refill their backpacks/flasks, but apparently not all of them were, so a few were miserable because they were unhappy about the draft, unhappy about the patrol length, starving, and dehydrated.

even turning off the kill order didn't "reset" them, they milled about until I set a new station order.  After releasing THAT, they went back to their regular duties--two went insane. 

Oh incidentally that same squad finally started to train in my caverns... it took a few dwarf seasons, maybe a year, before they thought to do it (I had to disable their old barracks, which they returned to--but now I have some dwarfy defense down there.  It is a pain when a cave crocodile is dining on dwarfs down there and all my soldiers are near the top floor sparring... takes a few minutes for them to get down there, and by then many of my lemmings had turned into lunch!

Also this group of guys, they do indeed work.  they are butchers and bakers and weapon/stick makers, and all take turns doing their chores in addition to training.

igless
Pages: 1 [2]