Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zastashnokzam - A tale of epic missfitery  (Read 1442 times)

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zastashnokzam - A tale of epic missfitery
« on: April 06, 2011, 08:24:38 pm »

A forced school blog turned into a DF blog, with a mega prodject started and me totally willing to do whatever the hell my weekly poll tells me too, what could possibly go wrong?

The fortress: A grassy place with so much flux stone and iron ore it is astounding. the olny problem is that over half the map is haunted terrain, with the other half being wilderness and the like. Did i mention I set the beast population to the max?  :P

The mega prodject: The tower of babel, with a dwafish twist at the top. I may olny have 21 vertical Z-levels, but i can still teraform my map to allow it to stand taller if need be! It will have stone slabs held together by bridges at the top, all linked to a massive control room somewhere down below, so that the goblins shall all know fear. It is also built on a half haunted map, with a serious dark gnome and badger man infestation to boot!  :P

http://ryuujinramblings.blogspot.com/

Im taking tips and pointers on what to do, and ill probably greatly leingthen the post i currently have up when time permits... and im trying to figure out how the hell to put pictures up on the damn thing...  Also, ill take Dwarfing request, with the current population at about 43 I think ill beable to find specified dwarfs for anyone who wants one  :)
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zastashnokzam - A tale of epic missfitery
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 09:12:05 pm »

For really impressive towers, either embark on a Mountainous region & flatten it, or generate a new world with "Levels above layer 1" set arbitrarily high.

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zastashnokzam - A tale of epic missfitery
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 09:18:17 pm »

it is reasonably mouninous, and i am planning on terraforming the piss out of it....
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...