Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: Is it just me that thinks our culture is horrible?  (Read 57946 times)

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
Re: Is it just me that thinks our culture is horrible?
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2010, 05:28:11 am »

It's a habit for me...like folding my clothes after I take them off.
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2010, 05:32:14 am »

From what I've read of that it can lead to premature ageing if your diet doesnt include vitamin D rich stuff and I doubt I've got a diet low in it...but no you cannot die outright for lack of vitamin D...but it has bad stuff linked to it...

Oh it won't kill you outright. It will just wreck your body so that the next time you fall over you break half a dozen bones, or trash your immune system so that the flu wipes you out.

And actually Hungry; diet alone isn't enough. There's a certain type of Vitamin D your body needs that can be gotten almost no other way than through sunlight on the skin, or vitamin pills, but the pills really aren't a substitute for sunlight, since your skin produces more than just Vitamin D in sunlight.

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2010, 05:37:38 am »

Yeah the life I live and the stuff I take to live that life allots me no time to sit in the sun at all.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2010, 05:38:03 am »

My dark past is mostly because I stayed out of the sun. Australia is hot enough without being outside all the time.

The Australian Sun is a malevolant dick that wants nothing more than the utter destruction of all life.

It doesn't provide vitamin D. It fires large clumps of the stuff at lethal velocity.

Anyway, all the lights in my room have blown. My past is getting darker by the second.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2010, 05:39:25 am »

Yeah the life I live and the stuff I take to live that life allots me no time to sit in the sun at all.

You don't need to sit in the sun you dolt; you just need to get some sunlight on you for a few hours every day. You will suffer serious and dehabilitating health problems if you don't, no two ways about it.

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2010, 05:43:46 am »

Meh, I'll have plenty of time to be in the sun after I get done with my project.

Literally.

=P

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2010, 05:52:52 am »

Does this project involve flying Earth into the sun?
If so, I do NOT support it.
Earth is where I keep all my stuff.

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2010, 05:59:45 am »

=P no it involves building a semi-manned space probe to the sun and surviving to come back.

I dont mean unmanned nor manned...as by that point the pilot wont be technicly human anymore.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2010, 06:00:49 am »

Transhumanist.

ARMOK ARMOK ARMOK ARMOK RIGHT THERE.

you can no longer hide

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2010, 06:06:00 am »

In this thread: Someone who thinks he has a dark and scary unique past declares that human culture is vain, petty, egocentric, and hostile, and fights to the rhetorical death against all comers to prove it.

Oh Internet, what would I do without you?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2010, 06:07:03 am »

Well, it all depends on how transhumanist you are.
For example, I believe that the gradual replacement of the human body with cybernetics is fine, as long as we preserve the human consciousness, and thereby, the soul.
From what I see, Armok believes that the soul is inherently flawed, and must be replaced.
A probe whose computer is made from the brains of a man, but one that has lost its soul, would be inhuman, but still piloted by a living organism, therefore, semi-manned.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2010, 06:08:55 am »

In this thread: Someone who thinks he has a dark and scary unique past declares that human culture is vain, petty, egocentric, and hostile, and fights to the rhetorical death against all comers to prove it.

Oh Internet, what would I do without you?

Don't answer that question, you'll just get depressed thinking about opportunities lost.

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2010, 06:15:24 am »

I dont believe there is a soul, just mind and body, and I'm going for changing the body and mind as much as needed for end goal.

Technicly afterward I wont be human, as the end product will in no way resemble a human in any way, and will probably not be under any laws of governing as such.

But yes, yet more similarities to Armok.

As for that I dont mind leaving the species man to his own ends after I'm free of the earth, as apposed to complete obiteration of the human race, which based on end abilities wont be a strech from possible, and with results of current tests probable.

Mikko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2010, 06:18:27 am »

9th of May, 2010
Dear thread,
Please do die soon
Yours truly, Mikko

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2010, 06:21:33 am »

As for that I dont mind leaving the species man to his own ends after I'm free of the earth, as apposed to complete obiteration of the human race, which based on end abilities wont be a strech from possible, and with results of current tests probable.

Okay, good.
It's the people who strive to make every human something else entirely that I don't like.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22