Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 3D Visualizer - EARLY ALPHA  (Read 9787 times)

Mithaldu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 3D Visualizer - EARLY ALPHA
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2007, 11:05:00 am »

For those who are curious about the map extraction tool, here's a commented and more readable version.  :)
http://67.99.19.167/dwarf/map_extract.rar

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2007, 03:10:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Mithaldu:
<STRONG>I specify a range of cubes from the current position of the camera, then when the position changes by more than 1 unit, the program takes the grand sum of all cubes in the map and cycles through it, cutting out all cubes that are outside the specified range. This gets then cached as he local map for that coordinate.

To give this a better test i just defined the range as 20, which means we're cycling through 40*40 = 100 cubes.</STRONG>

40*40 = 100?

Anyway, could you color different z-levels differently so you can tell where the edge of a pit starts and the level below ends etc?

My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Mithaldu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2007, 08:09:00 pm »

@ tiles: i have no idea anymore what i was calculating then ^^
in hindsight, i probably forgot the 6... ah well.

@ differently coloured z-levels: maybe, it might be easy enough with recolouring vertexes, but i won't promise anything so far =)

----------------

what happened lately: improved the map_export script to deliver clean and fully usable output. as far as i'm concerned it is now in final form, unless i find some bugs while working it into dwarvis. speaking of that, i'll be mostly working on that now, due to being satisfied with the state of map_extract.

Additionally i've set up a project at google code: http://dwarvis.googlecode.com

I'll be dropping documentation and source-code there, as well as using the svn they provide as a development log. If you wish, you may also use the issue tab there to drop notes or suggestions, but i don't mind it either if you do it here in the forum. =)

[ November 25, 2007: Message edited by: Mithaldu ]

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2007, 03:02:00 pm »

Sweet.
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Malenfant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2007, 04:44:00 am »

Are you able to put screenshots on the google code site?

Mithaldu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2007, 10:40:00 am »

As soon as i have a version that displays more than the current one, i will. But it's going slowly lately due to real life interference.  :(

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2007, 03:44:00 pm »

Should i wack someone for you?
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Erasmus Darwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2007, 12:19:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Mithaldu:
<STRONG>Yes, as far as major materials are concerned, specific veins don't show up for some reason.</STRONG>

Veins are stored separately in the block, so you'll have to change your memory extractor to get that information.  They're in the mineral event format defined at the bottom of Rick's memory hacking page.  AzureLightning's memory page (linked from Rick's) also has the vein information with a nice visual example.

uberubert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2007, 01:30:00 am »

Hey! I just discovered this! I'm an up and coming wannabe-programmer, and was planning on doing someting like this within a few years, haha. (Need some more skills first..) Now I don't have to wait a few years for this, AND it already looks tons better than what I would probably be able to make it into! Nice work! *Watching this topic*
Uberubert cancels forum post: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress
Pages: 1 2 [3]