Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

40d: There is nothing to catch in the magma pipe.

(1/3) > >>

RustyTheBrave:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So... My dwarves decided to fish in the magma pipe apparently. I wonder if this is a result of making them magma proof, if so, does that mean there ARE, somewhere, magma fish?
I tried searching the forums, but couldn't come up with any results of similar cases.

So.
Magma fish.
Silicon-based life-forms you can render down for mineral oil? Fish that menace with spikes of obsidian?
Curious if anyone's encountered any magma fish or some such, or if my encounter is merely a bug.

CrossBolt:
I hope it's dorf science time, cause it includes magma anyway

Kamudo:
There are Magma crabs.. o.o Maybe they've got.. Crab meat.. Or something. O-o

RustyTheBrave:

--- Quote from: Kamudo on May 09, 2010, 03:58:02 am ---There are Magma crabs.. o.o Maybe they've got.. Crab meat.. Or something. O-o

--- End quote ---
My magma pipe's got crabs?
Damn, I think there's a cream for that...

Anyway, thinking of making a sort of fish that lives in magma, making it the mutant spawn of a fire imp and a carp. Maybe give it a huge value so it offsets the fire-breathing hazard of catching them... Or just vermin ones based on fire snakes.

Supercharazad:

--- Quote from: RustyTheBrave on May 09, 2010, 04:04:19 am ---
--- Quote from: Kamudo on May 09, 2010, 03:58:02 am ---There are Magma crabs.. o.o Maybe they've got.. Crab meat.. Or something. O-o

--- End quote ---
My magma pipe's got crabs?
Damn, I think there's a cream for that...

Anyway, thinking of making a sort of fish that lives in magma, making it the mutant spawn of a fire imp and a carp. Maybe give it a huge value so it offsets the fire-breathing hazard of catching them... Or just vermin ones based on fire snakes.

--- End quote ---

I'm pretty sure magma crabs arn't in 40d

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version