Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: I killed a bronze colossus, and you'll never guess how  (Read 284932 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: I killed a bronze colossus, and you'll never guess how
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2010, 06:21:52 pm »

But...but...tha-*BOOM*

Really though, it shows the mindset of a Dwarf Fortress player that when running for you life from a 30-foot tall animate bronze statue, your first reaction to a horde of fluffy bunnies is to grab some and stuff them in your backpack. What was the colossus a statue of, anyway? Because if it was an elf, I think we know why this happened.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2010, 06:30:28 pm »

But...but...tha-*BOOM*

Really though, it shows the mindset of a Dwarf Fortress player that when running for you life from a 30-foot tall animate bronze statue, your first reaction to a horde of fluffy bunnies is to grab some and stuff them in your backpack. What was the colossus a statue of, anyway? Because if it was an elf, I think we know why this happened.

I don't think colossi have different appearances. They're all the same, only creating a statue of something when they die.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2010, 06:32:09 pm »

But...but...tha-*BOOM*

I don't think colossi have different appearances. They're all the same, only creating a statue of something when they die.
...I know, but I'd like to make a joke of what ever absurd thing it was a statue of.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2010, 01:38:34 am »

But...but...tha-*BOOM*

You'd think they drop a statue of a BRONZE COLOSSUS, at least.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2010, 05:55:00 pm »

Wambler beats Colossus, Cat beats Wambler, Colossus beats Cat.  Its dwarven rock/paper/scissors!
...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2010, 10:28:55 pm »

But...but...tha-*BOOM*

...I know, but I'd like to make a joke of what ever absurd thing it was a statue of.

It was some elf king. I don't remember. So yeah, his head simply disconnected itself from his body to avoid having the wambler smash into its neck xD

MUST SAVE NATURE AT ALL COSTS!!!
Hey, look what I did!
Dr. Melon cancels read post: spelling incredibly poor.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2010, 10:39:25 pm »

It was some elf king.

Yes! I would like the court to recognize the record as showing that I FUCKING CALLED IT!
No Gods, No Masters.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2010, 02:52:28 pm »

It was cacame.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2010, 03:53:21 pm »

It was cacame.
YOU KILLED CACAME!
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2010, 03:58:14 pm »

(^ Southpark reference XD)

Anyway, Cacame just put all his weakness (Mostly being a elf) in a statue and kept all the badassery. That was just a walking manifestation of his shittyness.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2010, 04:00:58 pm »

no, not really.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2010, 10:05:06 pm »

no, not really.
Ya rly. You meaning it or not, its similarities between "you killed kenny!" instantly brought up southpark in my mind. Sorry.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2010, 12:22:07 am »

I broke a wolf's teeth out and then threw snow at it until it died of blood loss.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2010, 12:25:53 am »

no, not really.
Ya rly. You meaning it or not, its similarities between "you killed kenny!" instantly brought up southpark in my mind. Sorry.
Just because it reminded you of south park doesn't mean it was a south park reference.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2010, 02:15:07 am »

no, not really.
Just because it reminded you of south park doesn't mean it was a south park reference.
Your absolutely right. I shall never advertise false references again, sir.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13