Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nobles...  (Read 1320 times)

Gronut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Nobles...
« on: August 21, 2006, 01:46:00 pm »

I was wondering... would it be possible, at some future date, to be able to declare my state the Dwarven People's Democratic Republic of Mt. Gronut and have roving bands of peasants lynch any arriving nobles on sight? Maybe I'm playing in too peaceful an area, but at my fortress, death by noble is the leading cause of dwarven demise by a factor of 5 or so. They arrive in hordes (this spring brought 4!), immediately become dissatisfied because I don't have a dozen luxurious rooms for them all, and whammo, murderous rampage.

The people of Mt. Gronut work hard for their mushrooms and ale and do not like the arbitrary detentions and executions. Something must be done! We must rise up against the ruling class!

Err.

No, really, nobles are evil.

Woodstock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nobles...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 01:47:00 pm »

I'd really be for this, being able to choose your government style based on what nobles you have! More nobles means more benefits, but as we all know, they really need to pleased. Right now I'm just drowning sheriffs left and right, but my broker and manager are always welcome.

[ August 21, 2006: Message edited by: Woodstock ]

Solara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 03:29:00 pm »

My original seven dwarves and their buddy the metalsmith split away from their old, established ancestral fortress, braving all kind of hardships in the untamed wilds in order to start a new colony based on equality and freedom for all. (Except for newcomers once the population gets too big...  ;)

The last thing they want is some uppity elitist nobles coming over to their fortress and ordering them around. Nobles dumb enough to come over are killed upon arrival. (Or as soon as they go to sleep in the 'special' bedrooms, reserved just for them.)

GauHelldragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 03:33:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by GauHelldragon:
<STRONG>In my current game, I ran out of food and my population dropped from 80 to 3 ( one was a noble). I managed to survive multiple lizardman attacks with just 3 dwarves, I thought that maybe i had a chance.

When spring rolled around, _16_ nobles showed up at my doorstep. This included a hammerer and a captain of the guard, whose first order of buisness was to give the last 2 remaining workers the death penaly. WTG!</STRONG>

Gronut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 04:39:00 pm »

Whoa, talk about adding insult to injury.