Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Dwarf companion 2, you should really use runesmith !  (Read 29526 times)

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf companion 2
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2010, 12:04:04 am »

I see an empty grey box as well.  I just assumed it was either an unfinished feature, or didn't work with my modded fortress race.

Exactly, it is not done yet.

I have a minor feature request if it wouldn't be too hard.  Any way for the game to tell you a creature's actual size by chance.  Some of the new random stuff like forgotten beasts and such don't really give much indication to their actual size.  It would also be nice to get a more specific size value for other creatures as well.  Like exactly how much bigger one dog is from another and such.

I'll try to take a look, but I'm not sure how to discover this. Priority is mood editing, then I'll try to do that.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2010, 12:17:08 am »

Yea, the Traits section needs to function for livestock breeding to be possible. I'm still heavily anticipating that!
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2010, 04:40:58 am »

Yea, the Traits section needs to function for livestock breeding to be possible. I'm still heavily anticipating that!

Fat is in traits ??

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 08:25:18 am »

Fat is in traits ??

It's genetic, and it's not in Attributes. I'm just being logical by assuming that it's got to be there somewhere, and Traits (being non-existent at the moment) must be where it belongs.
The sigs topic:

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2010, 08:38:14 am »

It's genetic, and it's not in Attributes. I'm just being logical by assuming that it's got to be there somewhere, and Traits (being non-existent at the moment) must be where it belongs.

Oh alright ! Can you tell me how I can assess the amount of fat in a creature ingame without butchering it ?

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2010, 11:57:29 am »

Nice to see you are working on the companion again, Bartavelle. I can't wait for some healing capabilities, because the healthcare and wound system is so broken now I don't even want to play any more. And something tells me you'll be able to put in the features much sooner than when Toady gets to fixing the bugs.  ::)
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2010, 11:57:58 am »

Perhaps I am especially stupid sometimes, but I don't see a readme file anywhere in what I downloaded.There literally does not seem to be a notepad document entitled "readme."

Lovely program so far, can't wait to be able to edit all sorts of things. Thank you

I just wanted to do the obvious before asking interface/install questions.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2010, 09:55:24 pm »

Perhaps I am especially stupid sometimes, but I don't see a readme file anywhere in what I downloaded.There literally does not seem to be a notepad document entitled "readme."
Uh, well, that'd be because there isn't one.
Even if there was, its contents would be along the lines of
Run the file called "companion2".
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2010, 10:36:11 pm »

Oh alright ! Can you tell me how I can assess the amount of fat in a creature ingame without butchering it ?

That's the problem. You can't assess that any more than you can assess the creature's spatial sense within the game interface. But there is a generic description of animals' physical traits in the z view, the same as with dwarfs. It's rather worthless.

We need a way of identifying animals. I assume descriptions will come along with the Traits section, but you could do something similar to DF therapist's interaction: let us toggle butcher/non-butcher with your application, then we can find the cow or whatever with butchery turned on. It's all very fine to see that there is a dog somewhere in our fort with 1600 strength and one with 800 strength, but it doesn't do us any good when we don't know which is which.
The sigs topic:

Doughboi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2010, 11:37:02 am »

I remember the old companion having a go to selected creature if I recall.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2010, 12:27:30 pm »

I see there is an edit function so would the next update add the ability to mess with the creature's code?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2010, 03:29:12 pm »

I see there is an edit function so would the next update add the ability to mess with the creature's code?

I'm not sure what you mean by that ?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2010, 04:26:15 pm »

I'm not sure what you mean by that ?

I believe Rum means editing the stats/attributes/traits of your Dwarves and any other creature on the map.

Example:
Urist has 1000 Endurance.  Player Bob wants to give Urist 2000 Endurance with the Dwarf Companion program.

So the question is, do you plan on putting in an edit ability that can do that?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2010, 07:52:29 am »

So the question is, do you plan on putting in an edit ability that can do that?

Ok. Yes, that's the plan. The goal is to write a tool that let you play with all kind of creatures data.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2010, 08:22:38 am »

sweet! now I can test traits passed down from adventurer to child again.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6