Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Dwarf companion 2, you should really use runesmith !  (Read 29332 times)

Arni

• Bay Watcher
  • Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf companion 2
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2010, 11:18:13 am »

Where do you get the information/data from?
Military and Militia. It's horrible

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2010, 11:34:20 am »

Quote from: Truean on May 12, 2010, 11:57:58 am

Perhaps I am especially stupid sometimes, but I don't see a readme file anywhere in what I downloaded.There literally does not seem to be a notepad document entitled "readme."

Uh, well, that'd be because there isn't one.
Even if there was, its contents would be along the lines of

Run the file called "companion2".

Fair enough. I originally had some troubleshooting issues. Did everything suggested, etc. Took me a while but I figured it out.

Not a big deal. :)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2010, 02:27:56 pm »

Where do you get the information/data from?

From the game memory. I use the dfhack library.

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2010, 02:28:34 pm »

Fair enough. I originally had some troubleshooting issues. Did everything suggested, etc. Took me a while but I figured it out.

Not a big deal. :)

This is a test release to check how stuff could be distributed. I'll work on better support for the "official" release.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2010, 02:52:49 pm »

This is a test release to check how stuff could be distributed. I'll work on better support for the "official" release.

O, of course. Please don't think I meant anything by that. I'm glad you're even doing this. :)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2010, 01:30:58 pm »

How goes it?
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2010, 04:51:47 pm »

Doughboi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2010, 09:31:40 am »

:( what is making the process slow?

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2010, 09:46:25 am »

Probably answering forum questions...  ;)
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2010, 10:29:59 am »

Probably answering forum questions...  ;)
Haha, that and work

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2010, 04:33:29 am »

I'm running 31.04. Does this by any chance not work with the program? It informs me 'Could not find suitable process'.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2010, 06:19:33 am »

I'm running 31.04. Does this by any chance not work with the program? It informs me 'Could not find suitable process'.

Grab the latest version of Memory.xml from the dfhack project and it should work : http://github.com/peterix/dfhack/blob/master/output/Memory.xml

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2010, 02:20:50 pm »

Grab the latest version of Memory.xml from the dfhack project and it should work : http://github.com/peterix/dfhack/blob/master/output/Memory.xml

How do I do that?

All I get is a HUGE thing of text whitch I assume is the file, how Do I download it?

Edit: got it working!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 03:54:14 pm by Toybasher »

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2010, 02:48:11 am »

Seems like the dfhack thread just got removed. I don't really have a clue why, only that it was about some guy making a clone game and telling people not to donate (according to latests Toady's messages). I can't really see the relationship with dfhack, but it might mean that hacking mods will become outlawed. That means I will have more free time for other stuff :p

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf companion 2, probably to be discontinuated
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2010, 09:52:25 am »

Oh yea, I didn't see the posts here, but DF actually came up once in a Mechwarrior 4 game recently, and one dude in the match mentioned that he was making a Dwarf Fortress clone, after complaining about the interface or somesuch, and then rambled on about how his game was going to be so much better.  Sounded like a jerk to me, and I thought he was just talking out his ass.

PS: Ah it was impaler?  Huh, no surprise I guess with that visualiser turned game. Kind of a dick move to tell folks to stop donating to Toady though.  It may have been someone else in mechwarrior then.  I think they had a WM clan tag.

Anyway, if you are discontinuing Companion I guess all I can say is thanks for all the fun.  I'll miss it, but you deserve free time. :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 10:08:42 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6