Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Dwarf companion 2, you should really use runesmith !  (Read 29331 times)

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf companion 2, probably to be discontinuated
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2010, 07:34:22 pm »

Ahh Diablo 2, haven't played that in ages.
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2010, 07:39:12 pm »

I think I prefer Runesmith to Dwarf Fortress Creature Editor. Although, being as it's Dwarves we're making and not Nordic words, perhaps a better fitting name would be BeardSmith?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2010, 07:44:40 pm »

if there is going to be this much controversy over the name, maybe we should just have a poll
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2010, 07:54:42 pm »

I was just trying to get some lulz, not stir up any controversy. Runesmith is fine by me.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2010, 08:06:34 pm »

:D Np, I'm not angry, just saying that if people feel this way then maybe we should. Meh, I'll wait and see if anyone else disagrees

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2010, 02:15:56 am »

Well, I'm not strongly focused in on the issue. But my opinion hasn't altered: I just don't see any connection between the name and the tool, nor the relevance of runes to DF or this wonderful proposed tool.

The bottom line is that it is your project and we're all going to be very thankful to see it happen and get to use it. Any minor discrepancy in taste over the name choice should not be a source of argument, and there is nothing requiring you to give heed to my objection.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2010, 05:43:23 am »

:)

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2010, 06:37:11 am »

A name of a project/tool can affect opinion a lot, but that impression can be molded. Personally I think Runesmith works fine:

"A tool that allows smithing (editing) of the digits and letters (runes) that control all life in DF. By smithing these runes, the metagods (players) can meddle with DF mortals to suit their games, be it recasting a soul into a new species body, blessing and cursing indiviudals or just to make predictions of when a mortal will attain the next degree of competence to guide them on how they should spend their limited time."

The sort of power you don't want actual in-game dwarves to have as they'll mess things up so badly.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2010, 07:21:41 am »

Can I add that to the description  :D

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2010, 12:00:36 pm »

I posted that in public domain, just give credit when you add :)
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Redd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2010, 07:46:44 am »

I like the name Runesmith. It has some flavour to it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]