Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should Zathel do on his turn?

Hook up FAILCANNON to magma sea (powered by a huge dwarven reactor).
- 11 (28.2%)
Build a castle over the fortress entrance.
- 11 (28.2%)
Flush all the grime from Battlefailed with carefully arranged sewage system.
- 7 (17.9%)
Construct opulent quarters for every dwarf in Battlefailed.
- 3 (7.7%)
Get rid of every Forgotten Beast using huge cave-in traps
- 7 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: July 31, 2010, 02:35:48 pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 60

Author Topic: Battlefailed (Succession) Legendary Clusterf**k, free for all reclaim  (Read 609670 times)

Zathel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefailed (Succession) Coastal Zombie Hellscape.
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2010, 02:37:47 am »

OH THE PAIN OH THE PAIN OH THE PAIN NOBODY IN MEDICAL SCHOOL TOLD ME BEING A DOCTOR WOULD HURT THIS MUCH
Give it to me straight, doc. What are my chances? :D
But hey, rightfully I oughta be the one under those waves, so by {whomever I worshop/Armok} I'll hang on as long as I can.

Is it possible for a dorf to diagnose themself?

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. However, these are all bruises and minor wounds, it's highly probable they'll be gone by themselves in a while. Unless something was broken.

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2010, 03:13:54 am »

OH THE PAIN OH THE PAIN OH THE PAIN NOBODY IN MEDICAL SCHOOL TOLD ME BEING A DOCTOR WOULD HURT THIS MUCH
But hey, rightfully I oughta be the one under those waves, so by {whomever I worshop/Armok} I'll hang on as long as I can.

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. However, these are all bruises and minor wounds, it's highly probable they'll be gone by themselves in a while. Unless something was broken.

It's worth it to have another dwarf diagnose it; just dont let em treat it. No telling what'll happen with an untrained treatment...

Also, pure win. I can't wait until my turn.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 03:20:10 am by Matuin »

Zathel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2010, 04:02:22 am »

It's worth it to have another dwarf diagnose it; just dont let em treat it. No telling what'll happen with an untrained treatment...

Also, pure win. I can't wait until my turn.

I must say that I disagree. A bad diagnosis is much worse than bad treatment, especially since hospital system is somewhat bugged now.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2010, 06:57:34 am »

Judging by this

I'd say that he's pretty broken.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2010, 07:44:48 am »

Judging by this

I'd say that he's pretty broken.

Not really.  Yellow Brown is minor, brown yellow is "damaged".  Blue is "not working" (the body part has some functional loss, but it is not broken).  Red is broken.  Unless someone has been fiddling with the wound colors in the raws.  But yeah, if that's the vanilla color scheme, I've had dwarves looking like that and walk it off in a few days.

Source of wound colors: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Wounds

Edit:  Got yellow and brown backward.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:16:51 am by Ilmoran »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2010, 08:01:15 am »

MINOR: Any damage that doesn't have functional/structural consequences (might be heavy bleeding though).
INHIBITED: Any muscular, structural or functional damage without total loss.

a. Yellow is worse.
b. Why do these forums show brown as dark red? Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:09:21 am by Urist Imiknorris »

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2010, 08:08:08 am »

b. Why do these forums show brown as dark red?
Code: [Select]
[color=#808000]MINOR:[/color]MINOR:

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2010, 03:15:35 pm »

The dwarven song thread inspired me. I think I will post my update in the form of stone tablets engraved with songs in ABAB style.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2010, 04:52:32 pm »

A little OT, but relevant to our collective interests:
Quote from: Current Development
Saves from DF 0.31.01 and later will be compatible.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2010, 05:33:40 pm »

A little OT, but relevant to our collective interests:
Quote from: Current Development
Saves from DF 0.31.01 and later will be compatible.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2010, 07:59:27 pm »

Diary of Robocorn Betanlorbam

My damn dwarfs say that th' Skelk that K.O.'d Heyguys is still active an' that it'll get 'em if they get close.  I tell Urist t' go take care of it, the psycho seems pretty thrilled about fighting the undead monstrosity.
While they're out fighting the first skelk, a second one runs into th' hole where we currently reside an' starts buttin th' hell out o' the spare dog I brought fer food.

The dog seemed to be doomed but at least it was doomed effectively. Urist is currently laying in th' same spot as heyguys in similar condition having done no damage t' th' skelk.

As The battle raging on our front door is scaring Samrek and Andreus away I choose to lead them t' a distant shore t' hide. A good thing too, a horde o' th' abominations comes trottin' out righ' through where we made our camp, chasin' away our heroic dog.

While we hide on th' north part o' th' shore The skelks break into what would have been our domicile.

By the time we're almost done with our protection, a damn skelk comes out o' nowhere and attacks one o' our dogs, scarin' us from th' relative safey we enjoyed.

We make a break fer it to a distant tree in hopes we could avoid th' damned thing. They were becoming kind of a pain.
we arrive hungry and tired and incredibly hung over from not getting a consistent supply o' booze th' whole time.
Heyguys an' Urist seem to be fine comparably, enjoying a carefree coma being slowly broken to pieces by the skelks. They seem so blissfully unaware that they haven't eaten or drank in months. Woulda been nice if Urist hadn't brought
th' axe with 'im, could o' used that about now.

The time 'ad come, in a drunken frenzy, we mad a break for th' sweet booze an' toadman brains in the stockpile. It's almost like th' elk were guardin' it th' whole time.
The dwarfs scattered, I dunnae about their craft, but they make good decoys, I at least got t' th' booze.

I had fleeting thoughts of walling myself in with th' food...

Maybe not fleeting...

...Well I didn't do that, what would everyone think of me?

I walled myself in with Krimson!

I hear their footsteps outside. I could really use a good chat with Andreus, I'll just stand here until I can talk to him.
As I've waited in here, Krimson has begun  th' construction o' a farm so we can maintain our dwarven lifestyle in the crowded burrow. Soon e'll be saying we should drink from the same mug an' crowd together fer warmth. I ain't buying that, If I swung that way I wouldn't be in this mess.  I'll just stand by th' wall.

I think about now Samrek an' Andreus should be constructin' a butchery so as to turn them puppies int' tasty morsels but they keep gettin interrupted woodcuttin' by th' damn skelks. But why would I think that?

Over the following weeks I wait to meet 'em, stopping only from vigilance t' eat. I hear the screams of Andreus as he repeatedly tries to get close t' th' wall only to be chased away by the skelks. I hear the yelping of dogs and the cries of Samrek. I have plenty of food where I am, so it matters not for me, but I cannae help but feign concern.

The second death is Samrek, by dehydration. I dinnae know how, we've got plenty of booze *slurrp*.

Andreus passes from this world also and Krimson throws a tantrum. If by tantrum he means walking to the stairs and calming down, th' guy 'as pretty mild emotions it seems.

I wonder how Urist an' Heyguys are doing...

thats all for tonight, it would be easier to get through my turn if interesting things would quit happening, I hope I'll remove some anger by trying to get through a couple of months every day.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 06:19:04 pm by Robocorn »

Krimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2010, 08:27:32 pm »

Woohooo,  Safe with the booze!  And its just for our survival,  trust me i't comes down to that or burnin the booze, and if ye opt to burn the booze ye'll be dead and i'll use your carcas like in starwars.

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2010, 08:33:42 pm »

I don't even know what light blue eyeballs means, but I can tell you it probably doesn't involve having the ability to see anymore.

Anyway, reading through that I totally expected the fortress to die entirely. Quick question: Did our expedition leader die? If not then we are safe and the game remains fully functional and viable.

edit: By the way, don't get discouraged! You have already done an admirable job being able to turtle yourself in with the food. If you survive through this turn it will be the start of an epic [fun filled] adventure!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:40:05 pm by heyguys »

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2010, 08:39:28 pm »

The second death is Samrek, by dehydration. I dinnae know how, we've got plenty of booze *slurrp*.
I didn't have any booze, and I drank sea water out of desperation :D

Redorf when possible, please! As Samzul, this time :D

I don't even know what light blue eyeballs means, but I can tell you it probably doesn't involve having the ability to see anymore
FUNCTION LOSS: An important function of the part is completely lost, but the part is structurally sound (or at least partially intact).
Kicked in the face until blind.

Krimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2010, 08:42:55 pm »

Do we have picks in our possesion or are they all outside?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 60