Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should Zathel do on his turn?

Hook up FAILCANNON to magma sea (powered by a huge dwarven reactor).
- 11 (28.2%)
Build a castle over the fortress entrance.
- 11 (28.2%)
Flush all the grime from Battlefailed with carefully arranged sewage system.
- 7 (17.9%)
Construct opulent quarters for every dwarf in Battlefailed.
- 3 (7.7%)
Get rid of every Forgotten Beast using huge cave-in traps
- 7 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: July 31, 2010, 02:35:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 60

Author Topic: Battlefailed (Succession) Legendary Clusterf**k, free for all reclaim  (Read 598879 times)

Zathel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefailed (Succession) Coastal Zombie Hellscape.
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2010, 08:15:05 am »

...and using dwarven small business accounting software.

Don't diss the bookkeepers man, they are the blood of the fortress!

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2010, 12:03:48 pm »

I hope someone dorfs our new friend DavisBoN in time for the cavern exploration.  :D
 This forum is a must for people like him.  ;D
In fact, Andreus should dorf a whole bunch of Davises for cavern exploration there can be Davis1 and Davis2 and all the Davis family and they can all go down to live with zombie crundles and voracious cavern crawlers having dwarven breast augmentation (with lava) from masterful dwarven plastic surgeons (using lava!) and using dwarven small business accounting software.

You win 5 internets.

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2010, 01:49:18 pm »

Sorry for the rather epic delay guys. I've been having some issues with my medication making me throw up and not sleep properly and also some seriously major shit's been going down in EVE Online so combined they've been sucking all my attention away from the all-important task of managing the little people. I'll try and get the next update out tonight and my turn completed sometime tomorrow. I need a full list of who I need to dorf though, 'cause a bunch of migrants just turned up.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2010, 01:57:58 pm »

If there's a (siege) engineer, I'll take him. "Urist the Red" please, custom profession "Siegebreaker."
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2010, 02:16:19 pm »

Any non-useless dwarf, "Samzul" please. :D
Profession: "Distracted [Existing Profession Name]"

Zathel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2010, 02:40:49 pm »

If there's anyone with Record Keeper or Organizer skill, dorf me and set me as bookkeeper/manager combo, profession name "Bookmaster".

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2010, 05:12:30 pm »

If there's anyone with Record Keeper or Organizer skill, dorf me and set me as bookkeeper/manager combo, profession name "Bookmaster".

Why would you do that? Bookkeeping is best as a full-time job. The combo to go with for manager is arsenal dwarf, as far as I know.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Zathel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2010, 05:31:06 pm »

As far as I've tested, it works (mostly because I've seen the bookkeeper lounging about for most of the time, even with stockpile precision set on maximum). Then again, any of administrative jobs will be ok, if you think joining them would be a bad idea.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2010, 05:44:05 pm »

Yeah, the bookkeeper is generally busy for two seasons, then nothing.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2010, 06:11:38 pm »

But if bookkeeping isn't finished, overlapping with manager can really slow down production orders.

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2010, 06:25:56 pm »

Also, bookkeeping doesn't have to be "maintained" - once you're at maximum accuracy, it stays that way for the rest of the game.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2010, 06:27:51 pm »

Also, bookkeeping doesn't have to be "maintained" - once you're at maximum accuracy, it stays that way for the rest of the game.

True. But I noticed that when it's "in progress", the percentage sometimes seems to go down, so it's probably better to make it to the best accuracy as soon as possible.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2010, 06:30:45 pm »

True. But I noticed that when it's "in progress", the percentage sometimes seems to go down, so it's probably better to make it to the best accuracy as soon as possible.
Yeah, I think how long it takes to reach a level depends on how much crap you've got, so if you add a load of crap it can end up taking longer.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2010, 06:33:11 pm »

Yeah, I think how long it takes to reach a level depends on how much crap you've got, so if you add a load of crap it can end up taking longer.

Which means that a wise overseer lets the bookkeeper do his job before the really massive digging operations begin. You know - counting all the rocks in the entire fortress is hard, but it's even harder when there's several entire z-levels worth of stone to count.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2010, 06:39:44 pm »

Which means that a wise overseer lets the bookkeeper do his job before the really massive digging operations begin. You know - counting all the rocks in the entire fortress is hard, but it's even harder when there's several entire z-levels worth of stone to count.
Well, of course, there are plenty of situations where you can't afford to wait, and the wisest move is to let the bookkeeper have a difficult time when there's some free time to be had. :D
Such as when you're stuck outside, surrounded by skelks. :P
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 60