Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should Zathel do on his turn?

Hook up FAILCANNON to magma sea (powered by a huge dwarven reactor).
- 11 (28.2%)
Build a castle over the fortress entrance.
- 11 (28.2%)
Flush all the grime from Battlefailed with carefully arranged sewage system.
- 7 (17.9%)
Construct opulent quarters for every dwarf in Battlefailed.
- 3 (7.7%)
Get rid of every Forgotten Beast using huge cave-in traps
- 7 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: July 31, 2010, 02:35:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 60

Author Topic: Battlefailed (Succession) Legendary Clusterf**k, free for all reclaim  (Read 598865 times)

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefailed (Succession) Coastal Zombie Hellscape.
« Reply #345 on: June 14, 2010, 08:06:35 am »

sorry to hear it. I'll contact the next player

Areku I think
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 08:09:02 am by Robocorn »

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 17, 2010, 12:50:13 pm »

Apparently I'm due for some overseeing, which means Areku and Iron Vanguard must be MIA.  Downloading now.
A medium-sized bird with a distinctive fleshy wattle that hangs from the underside of the beak, and a fleshy protuberance that hangs from the top of its beak called a snood.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 17, 2010, 06:13:53 pm »

Yep, It's a little frustrating really, so I'll probably have to erase the green ones to save space.

I look forward to what happens on your turn, we've yet to go in the caverns and there's a lot of Fun stuff in evil biomes underground.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 18, 2010, 04:42:40 am »

So what are we doing here? We all just try to last the longest amount of years?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 18, 2010, 05:28:39 am »

Nope, a standard one year succession game, pretty unintuitive.

The only thing we seem to have here is a lot of people who run out of time just as their turn arrives and a weird tradition of rebuilding the trader's depot every year.

Zathel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 18, 2010, 07:49:25 am »

Nope, a standard one year succession game, pretty unintuitive.

The only thing we seem to have here is a lot of people who run out of time just as their turn arrives and a weird tradition of rebuilding the trader's depot every year.

That reminds me, we need to move the depot underground, there's 5x5 carved out space near the stairway.

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 18, 2010, 10:08:32 am »

I know, but that's the least of my concerns at the moment. :o
A medium-sized bird with a distinctive fleshy wattle that hangs from the underside of the beak, and a fleshy protuberance that hangs from the top of its beak called a snood.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 18, 2010, 10:22:15 am »

I know, but that's the least of my concerns at the moment. :o
A good sign if I've ever seen one

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 18, 2010, 12:02:39 pm »

What is that they say about the best laid plans?  :)

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 18, 2010, 01:20:17 pm »

Hey Robocorn I got your damn year 2 save thingay.
Tell me when you want me to PM you the download link. Check up on the final succession game story.

Once you get online your going to play year 2 and log everything of importance and try to make it immersive and funny.
Use the format that MeanMelter did.

Here's the link to the thread and so help me god TAKE PICTURES.
Also read his entire log.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59564.0
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 01:23:34 pm by ClaidheamhMor16 »

melkorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 18, 2010, 05:47:17 pm »

I'm next!  (Bites fist, emits tear)
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...It should be pretty fun though.

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 20, 2010, 08:17:51 am »

I was planning on seasonal updates, but it's been a busy few days and I don't want you guys to think I've forgotten.

Engraved on the wall is an image of 'Turkey XIII' Pulledportal the dwarf.  'Turkey XIII' Pulledportal is travelling.  The artwork relates to the settling of the dwarf 'Turkey XIII' Pulledportal in Lower Battlefailed in the early spring of 507.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Most of the rooms in Lower Battlefailed have fairly obvious function, but there are others I can't make head or tail of - like the water pipe running above the magma workshop area, and the carved-out space for an extra pump stack that leads to nowhere.  I'm sure Zathel had some use in mind for these things but he appears to be some sort of mad genius whose cunning conceptions escape us lesser beings.

Engraved on the wall is an image of Riqui Roaredsmokes the Forgotten Beast and dwarves. Rigui Roaredsmokes is striking a menacing pose. The dwarves are cowering. The artwork relates to the attack the of the Forgotten Beast Riqui Roaredsmokes in Battlefailed in the early spring of 507.

Engraved on the wall is an image of Rakust Battlearrows the dwarf and Riqui Roaredsmokes the forgotten beast. Riqui Roaredsmokes is making a plaintive guesture. Rakust Battlearrows is laughing. The artwork relates to the fatal wounding of the forgotten beast Riqui Roaredsmokes by the dwarf Rakust Battlearrows in Battlefailed in the early spring of 507.

There's (apparently) a hole leading to the 3rd carvern below the water level, and this thing climbed through a pipe to get in. 1 Dead; 3-4 Injured by the frost clouds.  Relatively minor considering. Battlefailed military are a lot more badass than they look but they lose points for all running upstairs to upgrade equipment when I activated them, and then only showing 1 for the fight.

Engraved on the wall is an image of 'Melon' Letterseized the dwarf and dwarves. The dwarves are refusing 'Melon' Letterseized. 'Melon' Letterseized looks dejected. The artwork relates to the removal of the dwarf 'Melon' Letterseized the dwarf from the position of chief medical dwarf of the Oar of Ankles in the early spring of 507.

I had some rearranging to do, as Melon was our best weaponsmith. He was replaced by a dwarf named Goden Flagthrowers who posessed some suturing skill. Oglokoog SnarledFenced was taken off mining for a similar reason, to become an armorer. I also condensed the militia into one squad for simplicity, led by Samrist (I think).

Engraved on the wall is an image of 'Heyguys' Praisedboot the dwarf.  'Heyguys' Praisedboot is in the fetal position. The artwork relates to the dehydration of the dwarf 'Heyguys' Praisedboot in Battlefailed in the mid spring of 507.

The old hospital zone in upper battlefailed is (or was until just now) still functional, but without any furniture. The new Chief Medical Dwarf prefers to cut open our injured with a scalpel than give them water, so we've lost two dwarves to dehydration and are about to lose another. All the haulers are busy moving shit downstairs to take care of anybody, and will probably be doing that for a couple more months at least.

Engraved on the wall is an image of Sodel Whiplens the dwarf and Withercharm the Blind Ring the mica piccolo.  Sodel Whiplens is raising Withercharm the Blind Ring. The artwork relates to the creation of the mica piccolo Withercharm the Blind Ring by Sodel Whiplens in Battlefailed in the mid spring of 507.

The fisherdwarf who got mauled and breathed on by the forgotten beast became all secretive less than a week later, stormed out of the hospital and began moping around until I built him a craftdwarf's workshop. The artifact is pretty boring, but it still took him over a month to make because he insisted on collecting raw materials from upper battlefailed every time.

Engraved on the wall is an image of Kadol Quakedip the dwarf. Kadol Quakedip is travelling. The artwork relates to the settling of the dwarf Kadol Quakedip in Battlefailed in the mid spring of 507.

Engraved on the wall is an image of Kadol Quakedip the dwarf and a skeletal horse. Kadol Quakedip is making a plaintive guesture. The skeletal horse is making a menacing pose. The artwork relates to the confrontation of the dwarf Kadol Quakedip and a skeletal horse in Battlefailed in the mid spring of 507.

I've been more-or-less ignoring the local fauna but a migrant wave of 22 dwarves popped up right next to a herd of skeletal horses.
A few migrants with combat skills found themselves in the courageous Battlefailed militia all of a sudden, and I scrambled the more skilled warriors from within the fort.
Only 3 migrants got the pulp kicked out of them in the end, and the military stood guard until an extraction team recovered the injured. The new hospital is built but we have no soap, no plaster and the new well isn't active yet.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 10:54:30 am by TurkeyXIII »

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 20, 2010, 09:27:07 am »

I like your update style, it's good to know that Battlefailed isn't having an easy time just because we've gone underground.

I'm a little surprised we have half decent battledwarves considering all the random ambushes we get. I suppose that must support them somehow, but it's nice to know we actually killed a forgotten beast for a change instead of hiding until something else killed it.

I'm ever amused when the migration patterns of dwarves mirror migration patterns of undead. Maybe with all these loafers they'll finally give us a dungeon master.

Zathel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 20, 2010, 01:28:13 pm »

A very nice idea for an update. I like it.

As for the "lower" Battlefailed... well, that pump stack rising out from the deepest cavern layer is supposed to flood the farmspace located just below the stockpiles and supply the reservoir just below the hospital zone, which is located... I think under the dining room. The reservoir access also has additional floodgate set up to power whatever else my successors might need or want to build - dwarven water reactors, maybe? At least that was my intention when I ordered building it.

That water ditch right next to magma metalworks is not my creation. Its a result of accidental breaching of the lake by Seth Creiyd, I think?

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 21, 2010, 08:58:50 am »

Engraved on the wall is an image of Kikrost Godenkurel the dwarf and a zombie elk. Kikrost Godenkurel is striking down the zombie elk. The artwork relates to the killing of a zombie elk by the dwarf Kikrost Godenkurel in Battlefailed in the late spring of 507.

When the elf caravan arrived, they hung around at the edge of the map because I'd neglected to build the Depot. I sent the military out again to keep the zombie elks away while an architect hauled three bars of fine pewter 100 z-levels.

Engraved on the wall is an image of Elano Fificonibo the elf and Aslot Sosbubsospu the goblin. Aslot sosbubsospu is striking down Elano Fificonibo. The artwork relates to the killing of the elf Elanso Fificonibo by the goblin Aslot Sosbubsospu in Battlefailed in the late spring of 507.

The area seemed secured, but two groups of goblins popped out of nowhere, one on either side of the huddled group of merchants.

I'd had good feedback from the militia in the last few encounters, so I casually ordered the charge. A few soldiers chased speargoblins south, while a hammerlord dove headfirst into the squad of axegoblins.

Engraved on the wall is an image of Medtob Mirrorsearched the dwarf and Aslot Sosbubsospu the goblin. Aslot sosbubsospu is striking down Medtob Mirrorsearched. The artwork relates to the killing of the dwarf Medtob Mirrorsearched by the goblin Aslot Sosbubsospu in Battlefailed in the late spring of 507.

Then came a harsh reminder of why I first underestimated the military: They are seriously underequipped for this kind of fight. The hammerdwarf and macedwarf K.O. 3 goblins between them, but not before Medtob was disemboweled. Iron axes, bronze maces and silver swords can't do enough damage fast enough, and our guys didn't have much in the way of armor either. I retreated as many soldiers into the fort as I can, but one was cut off by goblins and another two ran past the entrance toward the northern beach. I closed off the fort while the goblins were still chasing the elves and dwarves around, abandoning the remaining three dwarves on the surface in the hope I could wait it out.

Engraved on the wall is an image of Kikrost Ropelion the dwarf and Ngom Jackalwaxed the goblin. Kikrost Ropelion is striking down Ngom Jackalwaxed. The artwork relates to the killing of the goblin Ngom Jackalwaxed by the dwarf Kikrost Ropelion in Battlefailed in the late spring of 507.

With the fort sealed I reactivated the outside soldiers to see them fight for my own amusement. A recruit died quickly, the other sworddwarf who ran past the entrance lead the goblins around the beach for a bit before taking one with him on the way out.
Kikrost Godenkurel, the Iron Vanguard, the axedwarf with an arm missing at the elbow and a dent in her skull - She didn't go down so easily. She took on five goblins at once, brutalising the first she came across into a broken wreck. The other four  decided they'd taken enough losses for one day, and retreated. Kikrost saw to it that the last of the goblins exit the map before collapsing on the grass to sleep, exhausted. The siege broken, the drawbridge was lowered and Kikrost walked back inside.

That water ditch right next to magma metalworks is not my creation.
Too late, I've already changed your profession.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 60