Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should Zathel do on his turn?

Hook up FAILCANNON to magma sea (powered by a huge dwarven reactor).
- 11 (28.2%)
Build a castle over the fortress entrance.
- 11 (28.2%)
Flush all the grime from Battlefailed with carefully arranged sewage system.
- 7 (17.9%)
Construct opulent quarters for every dwarf in Battlefailed.
- 3 (7.7%)
Get rid of every Forgotten Beast using huge cave-in traps
- 7 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: July 31, 2010, 02:35:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 60

Author Topic: Battlefailed (Succession) Legendary Clusterf**k, free for all reclaim  (Read 598987 times)

melkorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefailed (Succession) Coastal Zombie Hellscape.
« Reply #540 on: July 23, 2010, 08:25:46 am »

This turn has gone positively Harlan Ellison.

The crucial question is: were the demons able to kill Dante? On second reading, seems like not.  Hmm, I could really watch at least a couple of episodes of Demon Fortress.  I mean, if you can have a reality show about the Jersey Shore, you could certainly have one about Battlefailed. 

Next week, Shade Brute passes out in the hot blood tub while Ash Wraith gets caught shoplifting!     
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 10:42:12 am by melkorp »
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...It should be pretty fun though.

Pisano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 23, 2010, 10:54:14 am »

Sign the petition to save the ghostly miners today!

We the undersigned do hereby petition to the current and future overseers that the ghostly miners Dante Edemkezat a.k.a. Dante Keydanger and that other guy, be left unmolested to continue their vigil over Battlefailed.

Signed by:
Pisano
Lucus Casius
Lupusater
Eric Blank

---
I'll update this post with anyone else who wants to be part of the petition. :)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:26:18 pm by Pisano »

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 23, 2010, 11:35:29 am »

I'll update this post with anyone else who wants to be part of the petition. :)
I'll sign. In obnoxiously large handwriting.

Lupusater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 23, 2010, 11:49:10 am »

I'll sign. These two will ensure Battlefailed's place among legendary forts.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 23, 2010, 11:56:39 am »

I will sign, to keep them in stasis for the next few years, then attempt to release them, to see how the AI handles the events that have unfolded. I put an adventure mode reaction entry on them going insane the instant they're released. (that's a bet, just using an entry instead of money, because we're poor)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:00:17 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Zathel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 23, 2010, 01:04:18 pm »

We gotta free them. That one guy has a fey mood! We need artifacts people! At all costs! It's the dwarven way!

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 23, 2010, 01:49:16 pm »

We gotta free them. That one guy has a fey mood! We need artifacts people! At all costs! It's the dwarven way!
No. They're bugged, I think they can't even be killed, much less freed now.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 23, 2010, 02:07:30 pm »

It's not a bug if it's a feature  ^_^

The fey mood is the only thing keeping Dante content, I believe.  The other floater, Leesin, is miserable.

I want to thank whoever hotkey'd the F5 "Adamantine" shortcut over the tunnel to Hell.  Nicely done.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 02:15:59 pm by SethCreiyd »

Zathel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 23, 2010, 04:36:57 pm »

I want to thank whoever hotkey'd the F5 "Adamantine" shortcut over the tunnel to Hell.  Nicely done.

I don't know why, but I always thought you did that.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 23, 2010, 07:28:08 pm »

Maybe I did?  I really don't remember.  I did make a whole bunch of zoom points of questionable utility.

Edit:  Do want artifacts.  Permission to try and kill free at least Dante?   :)

Edit 2:  Gonna try to save him first.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 08:19:36 pm by SethCreiyd »

Pisano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 23, 2010, 08:18:40 pm »

Maybe I did?  I really don't remember.  I did make a whole bunch of zoom points of questionable utility.

Edit:  We do want artifacts.  Permission to try and kill at least Dante?   :)
Ok, ok, I had forgotten that Dante was in a fey mood.  Consider the petition withdrawn, at least for my part.  Do your worst.

Pisano

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 23, 2010, 08:23:54 pm »

Do you want my permission, or the permission of the dwarves?

Personally?  I say "go for it."  In character, though, I say "stop it, you heartless fiend" or something to that effect.

... :(

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 24, 2010, 09:54:34 am »

So, any progress with the 'floating miners in the arena' thing?

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 24, 2010, 04:46:56 pm »

I have no idea why you would want to remove them from there. They are a perfect symbol. In fact, I think someone should start work on turning the arena into a shrine dedicated to the two deathless watchers.
I'm pretty sure that during the construction, something odd would happen again and they would be freed, which would somehow negate the point... whatever.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 24, 2010, 09:38:05 pm »

Journal of Overseer Creiydrek Yearrings, Excerpts

Sandstone

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seeing everyone you know torn apart by unfathomable monsters can have a rescinding effect on decisions you've made, even if only in dreams.  As if to confirm my hunch of ill omen, some odd noises can been heard from the other side of the floodgate over our tree farm, as if there's a great beast rattling around in the muck, splashing it against the door...

...while the ocean continues to stream into Upper Battlefailed.

We'll need to do something about that soon.

7th Sandstone

Today I took Edzul with me on my trip to the hospital.  I spent some time with Meng Groupwounds, who is there nursing a concussion and a broken foot.  We spoke for a while and he appears to be doing poorly; he insists we call him Pisano from now on and claims he doesn't remember how his negligence killed two of the children.  If he thinks a new name will help us forget, he's mistaken.

He punctuated the entire conversation with compliments for the drowning dwarf statues.  Soon as we're able I'm changing the decor around here.

I'll respect his decision to resign as Chief Engineer without any complaint.  He wants to follow Ilmoran like Daetrin is and became an apprentice under him.  I can take over his former duties while he follows his dream.  My new projects need builders anyway.

9th Sandstone

Every day as I walk to my bedroom I have to look at that cursed Arena and marvel at the plight of our unreachable comrades, and today I have had enough of it.  I am going over there to try and put them out of their misery.

Pisano dramatically shouted into the Arena bearing a petition signed by over a quarter of the fort.  It seems they want me to abandon efforts to free Leesin and Dante from their torment and have denounced me as a "heartless fiend" among other things.

Heartless?  Have they no idea of the pain I am trying to ease?  Not that I do, but if I were in their state I'd want someone to try and kill me.  I'm happy to put that in ink.

Rather than risk another fort-wide tantrum I've agreed to hold off on my attempts for now.  In public.  In private I've doubled my efforts.  To provide a fun activity for us we've started engraving the stone once more.  Nothing too outlandish was imaged so far.

14th Sandstone

Every day Ilmoran provides a new assortment of truly breathtaking statues, doors and other furnishings.  He's begun to fashion us dedicated pieces as well.  I don't know what we'd do without him and his craft to liven this place up.

We've started turning this place into a home to really be proud of.  With the plan for the added wing out of the picture I've focused on expanding our main hall and making it as beautiful as possible.  If we cannot live somewhere nice we can at least make it look like we do.

21st Sandstone

I've given Kubuk the unpleasant duty of tidying up the front entrance so we can build a proper series of weapon traps there.  This is for his elf slaughter, and he'll be locked outside with food and liquor until he's made some headway.

In fact, I can hear him yelling down to us now.  I should go and see what's bothering him.

24th Sandstone

More goblins have come, the year's first siege not even ending before the second one began.

Spoiler: list of enemies (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 07:59:11 am by SethCreiyd »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 60