Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should Zathel do on his turn?

Hook up FAILCANNON to magma sea (powered by a huge dwarven reactor).
- 11 (28.2%)
Build a castle over the fortress entrance.
- 11 (28.2%)
Flush all the grime from Battlefailed with carefully arranged sewage system.
- 7 (17.9%)
Construct opulent quarters for every dwarf in Battlefailed.
- 3 (7.7%)
Get rid of every Forgotten Beast using huge cave-in traps
- 7 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: July 31, 2010, 02:35:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 60

Author Topic: Battlefailed (Succession) Legendary Clusterf**k, free for all reclaim  (Read 598870 times)

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Battlefailed (Succession) Coastal Zombie Hellscape.
« Reply #675 on: August 01, 2010, 02:18:38 am »

This is epic. I wish to claim a turn at some point in the future and be dorfed as well. Just add me in as my username, or failing that, Angus. No preference for skills/sex/what-have-you.

Lupusater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 01, 2010, 05:08:34 pm »

Could you dorf me? I wanted to do it in my turn, but I can't wait. A male dwarf with any kind of metalsmithing, if possible.

Pisano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 01, 2010, 06:03:13 pm »

Can you do me a favor and NOT rename Zon, he is a legend in this fortress and deserves his name to the end of Battlefailed.  Or, if you want, nickname him 'Zon' so nobody will rename this little guy.  Thanks!

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 01, 2010, 07:24:08 pm »

I wish to second Zon's immortalization.

Zathel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 02, 2010, 04:39:50 am »

I won't touch Zon then. He's gotta die as Zon in some stupid way, like from a foot rot or a cave-in, like very other champion in Battlefailed before him.

Lupusater, I dorfed myself as the last dwarf with any blachsmithing related skill, so you get a mechanic - closest thing I could think of. You became a farmer, Dragonshardz.

14th Galena 513

Pumps for the reactor are complete. Now it only needs water and water wheels. Now I can put my full attention to building that totem the dwarves convinced me to construct after all.

18th Galena 513

Human caravan arrived, only to be set upon by a huge band of goblins. I was unsure if I should open the gates, but humans are good in a fight. Soon all the goblins were dead, with only a few wounded on the caravan side, as far as I've seen. Fat good it did us, they decided they want nothing to do with us afterwards and left. Well, fuck you too, damn bastards. I hope that poor slob that you left behind gets mauled by skoxen.

Zathel's note:
I found the reason why dwarves and animals were so intent on going outside. Someone (I think it was SethCreiyd) left an active meeting zone outside, near the shaft into the caverns. I deleted it, so no more problems of this nature should pop up.

24th Galena 513

I think that bloke the caravan left behind wasn't with them. I mean he was, but not a part of it, as in, not a trader. I decided to let him in. Or at least offer him this opportunity. At the same time as the gate opened, a cat unexplicably died midway through the spiral staircase. An omen perhaps? That, or foot rot. We'll never know.

It seems I made the right call about that human. It turns out he's a liaison from Mountainhomes. He came up to Twobeard, said "Hi" and asked to be let out. Yeah, right, I will, right away. I wonder if I can lock him in somewhere and leave him to starve. Maybe our dear queen Led will get a clue after her lackey doesn't return.

25th Galena 513

I don't think he will, and it's not even my fault. After realizing that gates will stay closed, that guy braced himself and went into the third cavern layer. Just like that. I am shocked, amazed, and I feel a little guilty. He had guts, if nothing else.

17th Limestone 513

Totem rises up slowly over the desolate landscape of the Plains of Ooze. I'm not entirely sure what it should represent. Maybe a skull? Skulls are always good. We'll have problems with bone block supply though, even if we only use them for the outer walls. I'd make sure goblin bone blocks were facing the front, but from the distance no one would be able to tell, so why bother.

5th Sandstone 513

No more bone blocks. We've run out of bones. Other dwarves tell me that only some of the bones work in my reaction. It seems I need to work on it. There are tons of skulls lying around... why can't we use them?

Ok, how do I add skulls, partial skeletons and front legs etc. to the reaction? Now it only works, as I said, with items with "bone" in the name, and if we want a sizable bone construction, we need more than that.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 02, 2010, 06:40:57 am »

I don't know what's wrong with skulls, I think skeletons partial skeletons and severed limbs function lke corpses and you need to have them "butchered" in order to extract the sweet sweet bone.

I had a butcher shop up near the entrance but I think it might have ben destroyed in the flood the following year.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 06:47:02 am by Robocorn »

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 02, 2010, 08:36:59 am »

Yeah, that was my meeting area.  Sorry I forgot to delete it.

I wonder if the liaison makes it off the map, he has a chance to get home safely, even if it's underground?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 02, 2010, 08:41:04 am »

Yes, but that's actually the human diplomat.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 03, 2010, 10:06:29 am »

So... any progress with the bone blocks problems or updates we should need to hear of? the lack of any news nearly knocked us into the third page.

Zathel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 03, 2010, 02:56:39 pm »

Um, sorry, RL caught up to me. Hard. I'll try to finish it within next two days, if not, I can upload what I have so far (or just revert to last save) if you don't want to wait.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 04, 2010, 03:04:25 am »

That seems to be pretty frequent here. Maybe we should advertise

"Battlefailed, join and you'll get a life"

There's no problem though, melkorp took longer and his turn was pretty good. I see no problem in waiting a bit longer for the next stage of chaos.

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 04, 2010, 05:44:30 am »

Question: How you get food supplies?
May be the false section to ask but in my games i like NEVER get mud on the ground for farms...T_T

Btw I read the entire thread in some hours cause of the pura FAIL and fun that was in here xD
"Never discuss with an idiot,
first he brings you down to his niveau and then he beats you there cause of his experience"

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 04, 2010, 06:08:26 am »

You read the whole thread in one sitting? O.O
I've only done that twice and the thread was a hell of a lot shorter then.

Anywho, In Battlefailed we get food in a myriad of magical ways.
  • We flood huge swaths of the fort accidentally entirely on purpose and only plant things that are seasonal so we can wonder why there's no food come Felsite
  • We eat all of the pets of deceased dwarves stray animals by slaughtering them enne masse whenever they become a bother or the stockpile is too far away
  • We wait for the caravans to come get massacred by three goblin ambush squads simultaneously and barter our valuables ransack the wreckage for sustenance
  • We fish.

Hope I helped ShadowZane, feel free to use our techniques in your own forts.

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 04, 2010, 06:42:14 am »

Thank you hehe, i just flooed my new 4 plant rooms with a near water hole, accidently flooding my barracks, too but...who cares abou a bid of muddy floor under his bed *gg*
"Never discuss with an idiot,
first he brings you down to his niveau and then he beats you there cause of his experience"

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 04, 2010, 11:55:21 am »

Anywho, In Battlefailed we get food in a myriad of magical ways.
  • We flood huge swaths of the fort accidentally entirely on purpose and only plant things that are seasonal so we can wonder why there's no food come Felsite
  • We eat all of the pets of deceased dwarves stray animals by slaughtering them enne masse whenever they become a bother or the stockpile is too far away
  • We wait for the caravans to come get massacred by three goblin ambush squads simultaneously and barter our valuables ransack the wreckage for sustenance
  • We fish.

I did number two twice!

We're down to not-so-many dwarves.  When you have as few as we do, you could probably sustain everyone on simple plant gathering in the caverns.

Animal husbandry is by far my favorite method of getting food.  Embarking with three females and a male something is usually enough to guarantee you won't starve, as long as you keep the livestock safe.  I usually trade for viddles rather than farming. 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 12:43:21 am by SethCreiyd »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 60