Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should Zathel do on his turn?

Hook up FAILCANNON to magma sea (powered by a huge dwarven reactor).
- 11 (28.2%)
Build a castle over the fortress entrance.
- 11 (28.2%)
Flush all the grime from Battlefailed with carefully arranged sewage system.
- 7 (17.9%)
Construct opulent quarters for every dwarf in Battlefailed.
- 3 (7.7%)
Get rid of every Forgotten Beast using huge cave-in traps
- 7 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: July 31, 2010, 02:35:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 60

Author Topic: Battlefailed (Succession) Legendary Clusterf**k, free for all reclaim  (Read 598871 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefailed (Succession) Coastal Zombie Hellscape.
« Reply #705 on: August 06, 2010, 04:00:32 pm »

Actually it's 16, enough for five more waterwheels and a < 3 tile axle
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 06, 2010, 04:09:36 pm »

So, who are the silly dorfs who've got the foot rot? I'd like to know now, so that when we all eventually die of foot rot, we know who to dump in magma next savescum.

Pisano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 06, 2010, 04:14:06 pm »

Other than the 4 or so that died in the first month I was in office, none of the rest with foot rot ever got worse.  Pisano had it, as did the axe dwarf Kubuk, and Fikod, Miner and Axe Dwarf.  I'm pretty sure the latter two have both been renamed by now.... it was all in the medical report.  Oh and 3 of the chidren..

edit: children

Zathel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 06, 2010, 05:32:24 pm »

Actually. now that I went over the save and backups...

The cause is the frozen extract of some FB. So, the foot rot is actually nothing more than untreated hypothermia. No chance of epidemic of any kind.

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 08, 2010, 10:36:57 am »

*VWIP!*

1st Granite, 514

Again I return from the darkness - and this time, I decided upon a body and mind far more fit for continued survival than my previous incarnations. It strikes me as a little odd I didn't think of this before. Something else that I cannot help but remark upon are the mind-searingly terrifying screams I heard while traversing the void between the world of the gods and departed spirits and this realm - I don't really remember that happening the last two times. I'll have to get on to Lur or Sahed to fix that for next time - really does spoil the trip. Either way, I have returned to the land of the living, and it seems that all is not well.

I mean for fuck's sake.

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 08, 2010, 10:55:46 am »

Alright, guys, I have several possible options in mind:

1. Continue a previous project that someone else was going to do (the reactor, for instance, or the failcannon). For this I will need a comprehensive explanation of how they're supposed to work, where all the control levers are and what isn't finished yet.
2. Start my own project for which I will need nothing more than an instruction on how to allow dwarves to build on the landscape outside the front gates.
3. Do nothing interesting for a year which is lame.
4. Burn the place to the goddamn ground as is in my mind to do but I shall not do without everyone else's express permission due to the fact that there are a lot of people on the list who haven't had a turn yet.

Zathel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 08, 2010, 11:26:15 am »

The reactor needs only a boatload of wood. There are three levers, all of them annotated. What you need to do to start it is to connect all the gears via axles, build the wheels, flood the reactor using reservoir pump stack (one final section of the wall needs to be demolished for access), and voila (the pumps should start on their own; if not, they need to be jumpstarted manually)! The gear on the level with the levers is lever controlled for leverage on the power flow. With the reactor you should have enough Urists of power to have a working pumpstack going from the magma sea to the FAILCANNON plumbing (the pumps that are present there need to be replaced with magma-proof ones).

Building outside the gates is simple - the lever for the main gate is the one on the hoard level, in a small separate room, flanked by two lowered bridges.

Edit: oh fuck, sorry, I forgot to delete the graphics from the save folder.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 12:01:34 pm by Zathel »

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 08, 2010, 11:43:51 am »

Yeah, if I returned to the world of the living and everything looked like that, I'd be pissed off too.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 08, 2010, 01:14:54 pm »

Start your own project!  Who cares if you don't have time to finish, nobody else did!

As for building on the landscape... is it still under siege or something?
A medium-sized bird with a distinctive fleshy wattle that hangs from the underside of the beak, and a fleshy protuberance that hangs from the top of its beak called a snood.

Pisano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 08, 2010, 03:33:05 pm »

I don't know if this was the original purpose of the FAILCANNON, but was 'finished' and successful in that it allowed me to block the flooding of something like half the fortress and reclaim all of the stockpiles of various goods that were contained therein.

As for projects you should undertake... well, yeah, this is one of the most completely and totally screwed up fortresses I've ever seen.  The fact that it limps along is amazing to me.   Also the fact that we had migrants recently is astonishing.  Make good use of them!

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 08, 2010, 03:42:16 pm »

I say do all four plans consecutively.  I mean, the first three.

As for projects you should undertake... well, yeah, this is one of the most completely and totally screwed up fortresses I've ever seen.  The fact that it limps along is amazing to me.   Also the fact that we had migrants recently is astonishing.  Make good use of them!

I share that astonishment.  Were there any whispers about cursed death-traps or knowing Battlefailed would be their tomb?

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 08, 2010, 07:23:12 pm »

7th Slate, 514

Curses.

EDIT:

CURSES!

« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 07:31:42 pm by Andreus »

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 09, 2010, 02:04:04 am »

Continued survival, eh?

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 09, 2010, 02:38:43 am »

This is hilarious.
Our new Overseer is now crippled by Footrot that spread to his entire body.

Zathel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 09, 2010, 10:58:35 am »

This is hilarious.
Our new Overseer is now crippled by Footrot that spread to his entire body.

First thing I did when I dwarfed myself was to draft him(myself?) into militia and get him to wear armor, boots included.

Actually, drafting every dwarf and setting only required equipment as boots should help. I made a bunch of bronze low and high boots at the end of my turn.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 60