Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elf and Dwarf cities?  (Read 2943 times)

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Elf and Dwarf cities?
« on: February 24, 2012, 05:52:59 pm »

Hey, so I was wondering where in the raws I can find the tag that makes humans have hamlets, towns, forts, etc. I was hoping to have elves and dwarves have them as well.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Elf and Dwarf cities?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 05:57:13 pm »

located in the "enitiy_default.txt" [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CAVE_DETAILED] - dwarves live in carved out caves, chance this to CITY also they can't live in mountians (can't build cities in mountians) so you would have to change the START biome

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 05:59:41 pm »

Great, thanks :) I read over the raws 3 times and I still couldn't tell which one did it

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 06:02:42 pm »

Your welcome, I've been modding since 40d and I still have moments where I don't know what to do (or how to change something)

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 06:11:04 pm »

Is there a seperate tag for civs building fortresses? On examination of the world gen, I see dwarven towers, but all the forts seem human. Bearing in mind, I haven't actually played the world yet, just looked at it during world-gen, so I will have to get back to you on whether or not there are dwarven and elven forts after-all

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 06:18:30 pm »

Scratch that, not only is there forts, but this dwarven city is the largest city I have ever seen of any civilization. This is going to be awesome :o

friendguy13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 07:57:58 pm »

Actually there is a separate tag for building forts.  [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_FORTIFICATIONS]
I find it funny that until now, no one (including myself) stopped to consider the absurdity of a submarine in which the crew cabin is filled with water and the crew is drowning when everything is working properly.

Jordan~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 10:34:25 pm »

I just copied over the humans' site preferences to the dwarves without changing the biome preferences, and they're perfectly happy to build cities in mountains - usually around the edge of the mountain biome, which is pretty cool anyway, but I have seen a couple deeper in, I think.