Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: MixMod for 31.25 v0.9  (Read 45730 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MixMod for 31.25 v0.9
« Reply #165 on: August 10, 2011, 10:20:18 am »

If I could remove the description from the unit status page it'd be great(his hair is orange. his dong is firm).

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 10, 2011, 11:07:42 am »

Download the succubus mod and figure out which files to remove. It shouldn't be too hard. I've already removed the rock syndrome from Corrosion because it was annoying to lose miners when you're still on the starting 7.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 10, 2011, 11:35:50 am »

All the downtrodden creatures are within the creature_downtrodden.txt file.
Have fun messing about with that though, because I'm not sure whether or not to recommend just deleting the entire file if you have a trouble reading about well-described breasts, asses and penises.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 10, 2011, 12:04:52 pm »

It's not trouble, but it's a little odd. It's fine, probably... so, any ambush murderers that should be removed? I'm going to stick the CIV:CONTROLLABLE tag on minotaurs, and start giving everyone weapon permissions for everything to make this more !!Fun!!.
EDIT: Okay someone else can deal with weapon and metal permissions, that's a lot of stuff to go through. I also want to add that you should probably use DF clean yearly due to all the weird shit going around leaving messes (slimes, geemers, ect.)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 12:18:46 pm by blackmagechill »

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 10, 2011, 01:27:16 pm »

The vanilla dorfs and Genesis ones have all the reactions and metals and crap, but all weapons? Never bothered going that far. Just pick some civs you want weapons from and copy&paste the tag lines to the civ you want.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 10, 2011, 01:56:01 pm »

I'll give reactions to everything, to level it out, as everything else gets hypo weapons anyway, and dwarves get destroyed in world gen.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 10, 2011, 06:38:18 pm »

The herald problem solved itself. It took 60 or so invaders after he broke his arm.

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 10, 2011, 07:53:55 pm »

If I could remove the description from the unit status page it'd be great(his hair is orange. his dong is firm).

Well fortunately most dongers are setup with almost the same declaration:

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:DICK:SKIN]
(various 'color' lines)
               [TLCM_NOUN:dick:SINGULAR]

Just chop that out of creature_downtrodden.txt or anywhere else you don't want it. As it will no longer have a color on that skin it should fall right out of the status page. I tried to keep things that are similar by gender together -yay for castes. Thus if you didn't want butts or boobs mumbled about you can zap that too.

Edit: Typos and micro addition

General MixMod items I've noticed.

As no one wants things escaping from The Circus during World Gen for fun things to read about in the Legends Viewer... you missed an iteration of my unique demon creature variation:

creature_aspectus_summoned.txt (around line 196):   [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:ZHA_UNIQUE_DEMON]

If that's zapped, you can also outright remove 'c_variation_zha_unique_demon.txt' entirely. I was using the file to turn on and off the only 3 'errors' in my error_log when hunting down NEW errors. As I can see the other 2 uses of the tag are gone... no sense leaving the file to be read but not used.

Oh and sorry that I have the cheats from Shaotoul's Guide built into Aspectus Lolin... that's why there's all those 'can't find this or that gem' in there. The vanilla gem file (inorganic_stone_gem.txt) gets overwritten and there are no alternatives.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 01:11:56 am by Eldrick Tobin »
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 11, 2011, 02:21:34 am »

As far as I remember, there were some errorlog mentions about UNIQUE_DEMON tags in place somewhere. Your product might have been on the chopping block with that, although I probably just replaced the tag with MEGABEAST.

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 11, 2011, 02:40:44 am »

As far as I remember, there were some errorlog mentions about UNIQUE_DEMON tags in place somewhere. Your product might have been on the chopping block with that, although I probably just replaced the tag with MEGABEAST.

Decidedly. The First Raw pass hasn't a clue about what 'UNIQUE_DEMON' means. Actual world gen does. It's kinda !Fun! seeing the Earworm -which only has one member in it's entire 'species' bust out of The Circus, become some areas ruler, and get popped by the first Giant/Ettin/Minotaur to happen by. Then this critter hits the respawn button, and tries again. Just like an Earworm.

I find that hilarious, so often I've genned a world with the cv intact, then editted the cv (removing the brackets around 'CV_ADD_TAG' is enough) right before play.

Anyfey good luck making Mixmod make sense.  :o
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

Zd05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 12, 2011, 01:27:27 pm »

Thank you for this mod. It is great!

Why not make a notice of the races and other things added? It would be great to know what is really added by the mod.

And of course, if you can also add the latest updates to mod, and the latest mods, it would be nice.

The most fun mod!  :)

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 12, 2011, 02:13:49 pm »

Glad to hear that people like this thing.
I'm on a cave-only dorf fort right now. Sealed the surface because screw those surface-dwellers!

The ettin warband marching about murdering all on their path has no part what-so-ever in that decision!

I guess a list of races would be nice. If it ever is included now is the time because further DF version updates will only bring more complexity and more mods to add to the Mix.

Of course that's all up to Snodourg.
I just helped kick this thing back on it's feet.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 13, 2011, 11:38:19 am »

Decidedly. The First Raw pass hasn't a clue about what 'UNIQUE_DEMON' means. Actual world gen does.

I've just spent a few hours testing this, including with your mod, and I found it not to work like that. I only see the ear worms and heralds placed as megabeasts, and nothing but the procedural demons escaping hell. Do you have a save demonstrating this behavior?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Zd05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 14, 2011, 04:35:00 am »

Where is OP ?  :)

Zd05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 14, 2011, 07:15:00 am »

Sorry for double post, i created a little mod for reduce the mega-power of loli, angel, fallen, yiff.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gaawa4gqr8idbb2

Still missing things, but it's better.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14