Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: MixMod for 31.25 v0.9  (Read 45948 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MixMod for 31.09 v0.4
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2010, 01:42:32 pm »

Yes, I agree on that as well, but a lot of these are reactions that happen at the smelter or the jewler's workshop.  Including the one which got me thinking.

But I am pretty sure there are several custom buildings that no race has enabled right now.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2010, 05:58:24 pm »

It's a mad world after all. You should rename it mad world or something. This mod is going to own so hard, but some other modders might want to drop some insight into how to balance, nerf and buffalize all of the civs to balance. Lowering illithid starts would be ideal.I'll try my hand at a banner if you want, all though I'm not the best with GIMP.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 06:05:52 pm by blackmagechill »

Aglathan

• Bay Watcher
  • In brightest day, in blackest night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2010, 07:45:19 pm »

And someone should integrate some graphic sets (but i must say it is the first time that i'm playing in pure ascii mode, and not even caring (i love my M's).

Also, make more civs playable in fortress mode, i think toadstools goombas and koopa troopas were already playable in their original mod.

I say that because i only have two playable civs (drows and minotaurs) in my map (and it took about 6 hours to gen that world), i will probably gen a new one once my fortress die (should be anytime now, sieges should start soon).

No other bugs beside my unlucky gen.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2010, 07:58:57 pm »

Yeah, Ironhands, or if I learn how to assign graphics to creatures I could pixel something together. Most would be ripped stuff from other sets though.  :D

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2010, 08:33:14 pm »

Also, make more civs playable in fortress mode, i think toadstools goombas and koopa troopas were already playable in their original mod.

Thats my fault, they weren't labeled properly in the version used here. But you can throw my updated version on top of the mod with no conflicts.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2010, 10:54:29 pm »

This needs to work for .10, like everthing else cool.

Sdonourg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2010, 11:27:29 pm »

To save the typing, for you or anyone playing the mod who wants to mass enable EVERY REACTION in the non-standard reaction files, here is the wall of text.  I left out the standard ones, because if the wizards can't use weaving or something, that was a design decision, while it never even occurred to them to melt down scrap metal found in their new post-apocalyptic world.  And because I was getting sick of typing.  Sorted and separated by .txt file.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks for this wall of text ;) You saved a lot of my time.
Anyway, I thought that copper wire is a some sort of a gem from Wasteland Mod.

I'll try my hand at a banner if you want, all though I'm not the best with GIMP.

Would be great ;)

And a question: has anyone encountered a bug (maybe not) with identical ambushes and semimegabeasts? Every time in every genned world I'm always ambushed by centaurs (even MOUNTED centaurs - centaurs riding mutant centaurs), and every beast attacking me is a fire giant.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2010, 11:46:32 pm »

Okay, I'm thinking some kind of stew or kitchen thing. It is mix mod after all. Or y'know, whatever you feel like. I need to familiarize myself with the program a little bit better.

Sdonourg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2010, 11:59:55 pm »

How about a blender?

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2010, 12:15:16 am »

Even better. I'm probably going to copy pasta a normal blender, and drop in some ASCII dwarves and stuff floating around in some strawberry shake.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2010, 02:10:18 am »

Anyway, I thought that copper wire is a some sort of a gem from Wasteland Mod.

It is, but it doesn't currently work like it is supposed to.  I modded it into a stone instead of a gem, and now it kind of works.

But Deon knows about it and said he would fix it in the next Wasteland release before he went on his vacation or whatever.  So it will probably get fixed and you don't even have to worry about it.  My fix is way to kludgy.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2010, 09:54:02 am »

Um, yeah, I just realized I need to be good with the program to do this, and if I did it the way I'm trying now, it'd be terrible. Sorry.

calrogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2010, 10:41:03 am »

Shiny new mod for loads of adventurer reactions here, should make "Play Now!" a lot more fun: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=61304.0

Sdonourg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2010, 06:57:06 pm »

Um, yeah, I just realized I need to be good with the program to do this, and if I did it the way I'm trying now, it'd be terrible. Sorry.
No problem, I think this mod needs no banner

Well, another update, now with all custom reactions for all playable races, except wizards, and Wanderer's Friend mod.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 07:27:31 pm by Sdonourg »

Aglathan

• Bay Watcher
  • In brightest day, in blackest night.
    • View Profile
Re: MixMod for 31.10 v0.45
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2010, 08:29:07 am »

My fortress is getting better, what with the merchants, none for about 2 years, then everyone comes at the same time i have 5 merchants unloading almost every season (and not a single booze barrel...., i hate those civs)

No sieges yet, good thing though, making my defenses is taking time, and i think that when it happens, it will happen hard, like the merchants

Just one complaint, i realy think the wasteland mod dont share the overall "mood" of the others, i can see him being great alone, but encrusting things with old tires gems or copper wiring, and beign able to buy laser rifles.... i dont know....

ah, in another subject, we should look the mods, a bunch of them already have a graphic set, i think the only ones that will require work is the mushroom kingdom, automaton mod and pokemon, the others will just require some copy paste from a bunch of differents sets
(when a civ have multiple castes,do they have different sprites?)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14