Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: MixMod for 31.25 v0.9  (Read 45994 times)

ghosteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Charles Bronson
    • View Profile
Re: MixMod for 31.10 v0.45
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2010, 09:25:43 am »

no offence intended to the respective creators, but the mario, wasteland and pokemon mods are not to my taste, is there a way I can remove them?
I've killed enough humans to know their patterns.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2010, 09:31:46 am »

no offence intended to the respective creators, but the mario, wasteland and pokemon mods are not to my taste, is there a way I can remove them?
Remove their respective raws from the folder in your dwarf fortress files.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2010, 12:07:31 pm »

This should also be called mad world mod. I mean, you can use lazer rifles against living cacti or something! THe world had a universal rip and everything that should be spilled out. It's like the phantom tollbooth gone mad.

Aglathan

• Bay Watcher
  • In brightest day, in blackest night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2010, 11:35:28 am »

Then this mod is almost too normal, i've been thinking, we should make him somehow crazier and yet, put a little sense in him

What about a new "planeswalker" Titans , new items and weapons, maybe some new civ, and some tweaking the old ones, it would take this mod in a different direction, but could be a great one, and we should try to make transitions a little more fluid, maybe giving new weapons to some civs, or changing the biome of some creatures (pokemons only in Wild biomes?)

And someone should make a starcraft mod, just saying.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2010, 08:13:45 pm »

Are there any unplayable civs, or just playable ones?

Aglathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2010, 08:28:40 pm »

Dwarves, Automatons, Kobolds, Minotaurs (my fort is going on really well, thanks for asking),Drows, Elcars, Valut Dwellers and wizards are playable in fortress mode
The others are only playable in adventurer mode, and can trade with you or attack you in fortress mode.

Of these races i've only played with minotaurs, that barring the naming of the nobles (and maybe their physical streghnt) are really just big dwarves, and i have traded with drows (bunch of nice guys if you ask me, love buying wood items) (and i have some problem with silver xelics, i dont know what i keep selling them that is so ofensive to their traders), the other races i've never even saw (I think most of them died in world gen, and some times i get dwarf leather items for trade), but i know that kobolds are really different and hard to play with, and that automatons and wizards have many castes and powers (and the dwarves too, since they come from the genesis mod)

Oh, and if you take the latest version of the mushroom kingdom and put in your dwarf fortress, Toadstolls, koopa troopas and goombas should be playable too (and shyguys become a new goblin-like civ), it should work without any conflict, but you will probably need to gen a new world

-----------------------------------------
edit.
Hey, i was trying to put the minotaurs graphics in the game, when i saw that the files were already there, and when i looked i saw a bunch of other graphics, you just have to turn them on in the init file, oh, and i recomend a new tile set as well (im using goldplated so far)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 09:59:47 pm by Aglathan »

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2010, 01:36:39 am »

Dwarves, Automatons, Kobolds, Minotaurs (my fort is going on really well, thanks for asking),Drows, Elcars, Valut Dwellers and wizards are playable in fortress mode.

Oh, and if you take the latest version of the mushroom kingdom and put in your dwarf fortress, Toadstolls, koopa troopas and goombas should be playable too (and shyguys become a new goblin-like civ), it should work without any conflict, but you will probably need to gen a new world

Actually, Koopas are a Playable Fort Civ in the current MixMod version. There are two enitys for that race, one evil babysnatching kind that you can't be, and one non-babysnatching more peaceful race which you can control.

And Toads are the only Indiv enabled race of mine in that version of MKL. Still working on my quality of modding here, so bear with me ^^. All proper Civ and Indiv tokens are assigned in my most recent update. I expect some big updates this weekend too ;).

But all is correct if you update my mod in it ^^. Regen might be required to obtain all changes with my updated version.

I don't know about the other mods, but if you remove the raws with the ending _mkl, you will be removing everything mario related. If you want to be sure, for each mod, you can download them and then you will know exact filenames. Just make sure to do an arena test for errors before you spend an hour and a half genning a world that is going to suicide :P.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2010, 11:51:04 pm »

How do I play a civ other than dwarves? I'm kind of wanting to play kobold beastmasters.

Aglathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2010, 12:39:59 am »

Gen the world, and go to the mode you want to play.

In fortress mode you can choose the civ (in the same place where you choose your embarking place, just press tab a few times, i think, then you can choose you civ by pressing +/-)
Oh, and since the game was meant to be played only by dwarves, the screen will not tell you wich race the civs are part of.

You can see this in the world history text file in your dwarf fortress folder if you exported the world map (and i think you can export the world history in the legends mode too) and looking for the civ name, or going the long way and reading about the civ in legends mode.
Or you can just hit the Embark button and see what your 7 dwarves are, if the are are not dwarves, then they are not dwarves (dont you love logic?), the major problem of this, is that if you find that you dont want to play with drows, then you have to go back to the initial menu, and lose the embarking spot you have found.

Oh, and there is some luck factor involved too, you may get really unlucky and have a world where only dwarves are playable, but even then, they would be the fun genesis mod dwarves.

in adventurer mode it is the same way you choose any adventurer, and the civ he is part of is right next to him.
-------------------------
And good luck with the kobolds, i love the little ones as well, but there is a big risk they dont survive the world gen, and even then, they can't use masonry and a bunch of other skills
It is cruel.

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2010, 04:17:49 am »

The way I do it is thus: Select a civ on the civilisations tab, then move to the neighbouring races tab. The one you're playing will be at the top.

ghosteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Charles Bronson
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2010, 07:07:32 am »

The way I do it is thus: Select a civ on the civilisations tab, then move to the neighbouring races tab. The one you're playing will be at the top.

or move your embark zone to an ocean or mountain, and your race will be the only one available on the neighbors
I've killed enough humans to know their patterns.

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2010, 04:13:55 pm »

Large update has been made to Insectoid Invasion.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2010, 11:36:04 pm »

Adventure mod :Play Now! is wicked with this mod. Pikachu skin backpacks!

Romtos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2010, 04:16:02 pm »

Mod is functioning and crazy :D
Fun alternative

Aglathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2010, 04:50:50 pm »

hey Sdonourg keep this mod alive!, a bunch of the mods were updated, and there is this new mod that adds musical instruments....

(and man, i think i should start learning how to mod, pokemod needs to be ressurected)

this mod is about hard work, some new beasts and some balancing would be good (my minotaur fortress is dead now, no invasion or demons, just boredom and a river) and im afraid of genning a new "no dwarves" world

(new castes to every playable race would be corrupting the original mods? i mean, some minotaur variety would have been apreciated, and i can already think abou minotaurs variants) (bisons, greybacks, pigmy etc)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14