Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: MixMod for 31.25 v0.9  (Read 45729 times)

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MixMod for 31.03 v0.15
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2010, 11:21:48 am »

Woot.  :D
Looking forward to this becoming as huge as the Megamix. That made for some of the most epic and ludicrous forts conceivable. I had some crazy WTF race with the fort hollowed out into some marshmallow cliffs and loads of robots running around as pets. Also ridiculous numbers of caravans bearing the most bizarre foods and materials.
W...T...F?

I'm going to try this one first XD If it's 40d compatible off course.
I'll wait for 2010 to be near bugless then try this one :)

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
Re: MixMod for 31.08 v0.37
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2010, 04:21:43 pm »

The world I genned was apparently hardcore enough to wipe out dwarves. I haven't checked, but I don't think elves or goblins survived either.
You know what did survive?
Big Butterflies.
In spite of their lack of any defence bar running like Fun from any fight, they outlived the great Genesis Dwarves.

Sdonourg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MixMod for 31.08 v0.37
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2010, 02:36:07 am »

Phew, wasn't here for a long time. So, another update - many mods updated, Mushroom Kingdom Mod added, Feral Humanoids Mod added, removed all "Arsenal X" and similar nobles from entity files.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 02:40:20 am by Sdonourg »

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: MixMod for 31.09 v0.4
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2010, 02:07:24 pm »

Thanks for including the 2 mods I'm still having active.
Expect a feral human update soon.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2010, 04:23:18 pm »

I am starting my first community game, or whatever you want to call it when one guy plays but with suggestions and input and naming from the forums, using this mod.

The idea is to take full advantage of the Fun potential from the animals attacking caravans bug in .09 (Yes I know it's fixed in .10, but it is Fun).

Anyway, this mod makes for a shitton of extra animals and civilizations.  I've played with several of the component mods, but never them all together.  Thanks for the inspiration.  This is an epic package.

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2010, 08:38:25 pm »

Yay my mod was caught into the net ^^.

Aglathan

• Bay Watcher
  • In brightest day, in blackest night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2010, 08:47:11 pm »

Just genned a world

no dwarves (for some reason, moogles and gnomes survived)
no humans (well... there are some nords)
no elves (again, some drows)
no goblins (bunch of orcs though)
no wizards (and none of many other races like toads and automatons)

and im reading the legends now, these races were created, but died, in less than 200 years

A really dark world, almost everyone is evil, the two biggest civ are Snakemen and Ilithids

it seems.... FUN

Sdonourg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2010, 11:05:14 pm »

Thanks for comments :)
Strange, but all worlds I generated had dwarves in.

P.S. Yay! My mod in a community game!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 11:22:57 pm by Sdonourg »

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2010, 11:07:14 pm »

Good work, but too much mixing for me...

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2010, 12:29:20 pm »

Hey, I realize this is sort of the nature of the beast, but I have a completely-unsurprising-in-retrospect semi-bug.  Races don't have the reactions enabled for reactions in other mods (unsurprisingly).  So my game, I'm playing as automatons, and I desperately need metal, and mined out all this copper wire from the wasteland mod.  But the robots don't know what to do with copper wire!

Anyway, I was wondering if you would want to permit reactions to the other playable races as well?  I've already added the permit reaction block to all the playable races in mine, and it seems like a good idea.  At first I wasn't going to mention it, because what if kobolds end up building assault rifles or something in worldgen.  But then I looked over at my robots and their pet pokemon and remembered the spirit of MixMod.

To save the typing, for you or anyone playing the mod who wants to mass enable EVERY REACTION in the non-standard reaction files, here is the wall of text.  I left out the standard ones, because if the wizards can't use weaving or something, that was a design decision, while it never even occurred to them to melt down scrap metal found in their new post-apocalyptic world.  And because I was getting sick of typing.  Sorted and separated by .txt file.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2010, 01:02:19 pm »

I think reactions should be allowed on a civ-by-civ basis. Can kobolds figure out how to weave and tan? Probably. Can they figure out how to make a kalashnikov? Doubtful.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2010, 01:06:54 pm »

Well what about everyone but kobolds then?

At least some of them, I'm not sure of the subset, but finding materials that have been edited into the world that only one civ can use is sort of weird.

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2010, 01:20:44 pm »

Well, it's all about making each civ unique to me. In vanilla, dwarves are capable of using all kinds of metal, including adamantine. Humans, on the other hand, have only just mastered steel, and the elves simply refuse to dabble in metalworks.
Even if it's just the slightest tweak, each civilisation should have it's own thing.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2010, 01:24:14 pm »

Sure, but there are a lot of reactions that are used by just one civ.  And I think some by 0 civs.  And it isn't for design reasons.  It MAKES SENSE for robots to be able to melt copper.  And for dwarves.  etc.

There are a lot of reactions that make sense for a lot of races.  I say segment the files and/or lists among the 8 races in a way that makes sense.

But let's at least have resources on our maps be usable.  Why add all these nice mods together to only have them usable in theory?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 01:26:09 pm by UmbrageOfSnow »

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2010, 01:34:26 pm »

It's not just the reactions, remember, but the custom buildings as well that need to be permitted.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14