Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: MixMod for 31.25 v0.9  (Read 46044 times)

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: MixMod for 31.25 v0.9
« Reply #180 on: August 15, 2011, 01:44:51 am »

Decidedly. The First Raw pass hasn't a clue about what 'UNIQUE_DEMON' means. Actual world gen does.

I've just spent a few hours testing this, including with your mod, and I found it not to work like that. I only see the ear worms and heralds placed as megabeasts, and nothing but the procedural demons escaping hell. Do you have a save demonstrating this behavior?

*looks through what xml and saves he has* *snip down* I'm delusional.

The Tests I ran:
As is - Unique_demon, Megabeast(Difficulty and Trigger), No Other Funny Tokens.
Unique_Demon Removed, all others untouched.
Megabeast(Difficulty and Trigger) Removed, all others untouched.
Unique_demon, and Megabeast(Difficulty and Trigger) Removed, all others untouched.

Then I added in [DEMON] to test if I'd been playing with that. I didn't test with only that Token until later, but I'm snarkily confident that it's pointless to try with how similar .24 and .25 are.

Full is all my junk. Vanilla .25 and .24 are 'what it says on the box'. Nothing simply means "nothing escaped" - ie Spontaneously appearing on the surface and moving to the next step without a Wandering phase. Lair/Cave means it went out and added itself to a site population. Dominate means it fooled people into thinking it was a god, and then made itself leader/master/lawgiver/... papa smurf? Had to XML export means there was nothing in the Roc/Hydra/Dragon/Bronze Colossus section... not looking in FB or beyond... can't filter. Normal Pops just refers to the [DEMON] tag not say automatically making them 'Circus Vermin'

Spoiler: Full .25 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vanilla .25 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vanilla .24 (click to show/hide)

So it would readily seem that what I was attributing to [UNIQUE_DEMON] was one part delusion, and 2 parts [POWER] doing*its*job thanks to [MEGABEAST]. Yeah sorry for getting your hopes up Knight Otu... I'm not feeling my O's over here either. :/

As for 'depowering' stuff from Aspectus Lolin, I'm not surprised at all. It is .82 for a reason. Like GLaDOS I'm still testing. Just about every Modded in Civ is tweaked in Stats, Skills, and Skill Rates. Even just baselined 2's means that they'll never drop below 2 in that skill. One day there will be a release where they don't have any base skills, base stats, or atrophy rate mods. They'll entirely be personality and entity ethics based.

I'll probably still fight the Seputus in the raws... like I do now... the Eldritch Abomination worshiping things.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 12:43:46 pm by Eldrick Tobin »
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 15, 2011, 02:38:58 pm »

Ah, sad. :(
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 18, 2011, 03:18:11 pm »

Is Wizard Tower outdated in this? I seem to remember wizards in the civ list but not being able to choose them for embark.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 18, 2011, 04:14:25 pm »

How many civ's did you gen the world with? I did one with 100 and there were still enough to go in place. If you use a reasonably lower amount than that, they probably just were left out of the worldgen.

Or lack a CIV_CONTROLLABLE tag. Easy to add though and you don't even have to make a new world for it to work.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 18, 2011, 05:06:12 pm »

How many civ's did you gen the world with? I did one with 100 and there were still enough to go in place. If you use a reasonably lower amount than that, they probably just were left out of the worldgen.

Or lack a CIV_CONTROLLABLE tag. Easy to add though and you don't even have to make a new world for it to work.

There were wizards in the world, so unless they come from some other mod they aught to have been controllable.

edit: entity_wizard in mixmod does seem to come from somewhere else. It's not the same as the one from wizard tower.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 06:20:44 pm by BigD145 »

Zd05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 27, 2011, 07:40:44 am »

News of Sdonourg ?

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 19, 2011, 10:40:14 am »

I'm thinking of giving this Mod a try. Anything really weird come up from all of these mods coming together? I hear some of the "meat" armor burns people to death, but is there anything else?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 19, 2011, 12:09:07 pm »

The main problem in mixmod are sieges, wich will prove to be dangerous to your fort.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 20, 2011, 07:34:10 pm »

Checkout Targetguild. Only a small peek, but it's sufficient.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88639.0
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Torknick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 30, 2011, 02:58:34 pm »

i just downloaded this and it seems to be a audio file. sorry if theres a really obviouse explination and im just stupid.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 30, 2011, 04:14:43 pm »

The file is zipped. You need an extractor program like winzip, zipeg, winrar, etc, to open it. Otherwise I dunno what you mean.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

mcshmeggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 30, 2011, 07:11:03 pm »

this mod sounds really great. but when I try to make a new world, or use arena, the game crashes.  :-\

i opened up my df folder and replaced the raws with the raw in the mixmod zip. anything i am doing wrong?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 30, 2011, 08:35:27 pm »

this mod sounds really great. but when I try to make a new world, or use arena, the game crashes.  :-\

i opened up my df folder and replaced the raws with the raw in the mixmod zip. anything i am doing wrong?

Try redownloading, and try again.

If it still doesn't work, then your computer may not be albe to handle the sheer amount of stuff in this mod.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Zd05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 05, 2011, 06:58:27 am »

I created a little mod for reduce the mega-power of loli, angel, fallen, yiff.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7CYNOS31

Still missing things, but it's better for "normal playing" or adventure mode.

New upload, mediafire upload is removed.

Torknick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 03, 2011, 02:04:45 am »

can i download a non RAR file? err i mean a file that i dont have to open with winrar and stuff?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14