Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What are you thankful for?  (Read 2753 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are you thankful for?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 10:45:11 pm »

Lime ices, kind and gentle people, my new bed that doesn't smell like bachelorhood.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2013, 10:51:56 pm »

Being a part of such a welcoming forum, thanksgiving in the south(trust me, fucking delicious) aaaaaaand next DF version by Feburary at the latest hopefully maybe...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 11:53:45 am »

Chores that were easier than expected, yummy food in a day, starbound on the 4th most likely, that the Gunner from EOII was made (Kawaiidesu mai waifu uguuuu (sorry olga D. (PARENTHESES IN PARENTHESES OH HO HO~ (janet plz)))), and that I have so much stuff to play that it's honestly difficult to decide just which to do at a given moment.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2013, 04:02:28 pm »

Regaining the motivation to continue doing art for the sake of art again (5 year creativity/motivation dry spell finally over, kudos to using/learning Blender), being able to expand on my abilities to remake old works into even more awesome works (2D to 3D with my old artwork makes a hell of a difference; especially when it comes to making a more pragmatic adaptation compared to the old stuff (The Excalibur, Death-Mask, and the Kunai, so far, being major transformations between media, and looking even more awesome), and being part of an awesome community, and everyone in said community being able to put up with me; compared to past ones I've been a part of.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 04:06:18 pm by Itnetlolor »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2013, 04:48:58 pm »

I guess "thankful" is the correct term for feeling extremely lucky to have all that I have. I've got numerous opportunities to achieve some of my dreams, wonderful people surrounding me (<3 doctus), and don't feel significantly threatened or in danger in the society I live.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2013, 08:41:23 pm »

New job, which despite its stresses, is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than my old job.
Being in love with someone who loves me back.
Being in remarkably good health the last 12 months.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2013, 09:13:23 pm »

Family, friends, and cats.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2013, 10:13:12 pm »

Having so many shows to reference and be obsessed over. Other than that? Nothing. Obsessing over and referencing shows is my only purpose in life. Everything else can suck it, I have replicas to buy and fezzes to wear!
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2013, 10:29:22 pm »

I'm pretty thankful for having an annual turkey feast with nary a hint of family dysfunction around the table. I'm definitely glad my uncle married out of all the dysfunction my dad's side has to deal with.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 [2]