Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 79

Author Topic: There's a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea - One Year Later  (Read 103791 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: There's a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea
« Reply #345 on: May 30, 2010, 11:36:38 pm »

Yeah, that's a minor recurring theme in talking about the Gulf leak.  This exact same kind of thing happens all the time in Africa and South Asia.  The first world finally got a close look at it, and lucky for us it's still probably going to be a record setting leak.

Hilarity all around by the way.  I like the idea of combining this with the drug war.  I bet cocaine would plug the leak nicely.  Maybe.  Coke and pot are water absorbent right?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 31, 2010, 12:03:21 am »

Pot's just a plant, so yeah. I know crack dealers use water when they boil coke with baking soda from rap songs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crack_cocaine

It felt weird looking that up. I was sort of hoping there were step by step instructions so I could prove my point, but at the same time I was like "I'm going to lose my faith in humanity and the internet if they tell you how to cook crack on wikipedia." I even looked for five minutes on TV tropes to see if there was a trope for that feeling. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately I am like Henry Ford, in that I'm educated in some ways yet ignorant as a brick in others. I can't tell you how Cocaine mixes with water.

However I can tell you that it's apparently worth 3x it's weight in gold.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel-bruno-sanz/an-ounce-of-gold-and-ounc_b_176019.html

Thus the ultra wealthy are able to manipulate the system from outside the system while making money both ways in one of the most evil ways possible.

From the link:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In reality any bums or crackheads you see have simply fallen victim to this. His 15,000 dollars a year working at a gas station or what not transfers to the billionaire, x 1000.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 12:31:38 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 31, 2010, 12:06:47 am »

Hilarity all around by the way.  I like the idea of combining this with the drug war.  I bet cocaine would plug the leak nicely.  Maybe.  Coke and pot are water absorbent right?
I'm think more along the lines of crackheads stealing diving equipment and going for the drug pool.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 31, 2010, 12:07:35 am »

It felt weird looking that up. I was sort of hoping there were step by step instructions so I could prove my point, but at the same time I was like "I'm going to lose my faith in humanity and the internet if they tell you how to cook crack on wikipedia." I even looked for five minutes on TV tropes to see if there was a trope for that feeling. Any suggestions?

Nope, in all my adventures with addicts, I've never learned the mystic alchemy of cocaine.  Just reminds me of Office Space.  "I can't believe what a bunch of nerds we are. We're looking up "money laundering" in a dictionary."
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #349 on: May 31, 2010, 12:08:45 am »

Pot's just a plant, so yeah. I know crack dealers use water when they boil coke with baking soda from rap songs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crack_cocaine

You still had faith in humanity? Remember, this thread is about a multinational corporation's laziness resulting in the death of the Gulf's ecology and at least a generation of people exposed to toxic petrochemicals.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 31, 2010, 12:09:37 am »

I lost that when i was 5.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #351 on: May 31, 2010, 12:40:50 am »

Time to quote out of context!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 31, 2010, 12:51:38 am »

Time to quote out of context!

Sweeet

Enough of that though.  Please serious posts.

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 31, 2010, 12:52:18 am »

It doesn't get much more serious than losing your faith in humanity (and possibly other things) at the age of five.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 31, 2010, 12:56:03 am »

Considering you wouldn't really have much of an opinion on humanity as a whole at that point. I barely knew of countries outside my own.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 31, 2010, 12:56:33 am »

I knew about Tatooine.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 31, 2010, 12:57:03 am »

Whatever happened to that oil metabolizing bacteria they came up after the Exxon-Valdez fiasco? Seems like you could get some use out of it to make up for Monsanto doing evil things from exploiting the legal precedence that invention created.

Well, nah. Then you'd just have a bacteria spill and we'd still need to have hippies with toothbrushes out there scrubbing it off rocks and birds and stuff.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 31, 2010, 01:14:39 am »

To Aqizzar (this was my pm but they are down)

Hey dude. Internet greetings. I noticed an opportunity to make the BP thread in general into a forum game. How about we organize a contest where the winner is the person who guessed closest to what really happens in the end. Maybe we could expand into a point system and see who is the greatest bay twelve open discussioner (what the hell is that a word?)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57121.345

Also, does the military have a submarine it can sacrifice that would be heavy enough to settle on top of hole once they saw off the pipe? I bet they do. Surely one submarine as a temporary fix is a feasible sacrifice for that.

First you find a big one

Then you use a saw to level the pipe

Then you attach a clamp tied to a rope somewhere on submarine, preferably at it's center of balance so the weight settles on it. Then you put the clamp on the pipe with the weight of a large submarine above it. Can any university scientist prove me wrong? Not company scientist, because we obviously can't trust those. Maybe fill the submarine with crap by using smaller submarines if it can't hold the cap on due to pressure. If that don't work than god damn. Reading these bp stories makes me think of a kid sitting with two similiar magnets trying to push them together. Teacher said it wouldn't work but I'm gonna eat up your time being useless because it means less homework at the cost of actually learning anything. Except in this case the less the kid learns the better off he is in both the long and short term.

Oh yah, don't put BP in charge of it. Put the American Military in charge of it. BP in charge means instant failure. This seems like something that requires total government takeover powers in this limited instance. I don't think you'd hear much argument from the citizens. Obama should be at the beaches commanding his Americans in a time of emergency, rather than issueing more political crap. I'd agree with the tea party when I say where is the change when we need it? He really is a poor politician. He has beautiful speeches, but when it comes past time to act on them he still manages to attend a BBQ. That's not the change we need. That's the same damn thing, blind trust of corporations. He is the most powerful man in the world, with the most advanced killing machinery, which includes a stockpile of submarines, which have been in use for roughly a hundred years. Just fix this shit because you can dammit.

EDIT; Also I edited it after I tried to send a pm, sorry dude. I was trying to make this fun as well as horrible.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 01:57:00 am by Duuvian »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 31, 2010, 01:31:53 am »

Heads should be rolling.  China does it right.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 31, 2010, 01:44:48 am »

First you find a big one

Then you use a saw to level the pipe

Then you attach a clamp tied to a rope somewhere on submarine, preferably at it's center of balance so the weight settles on it. Then you put the clamp on the pipe with the weight of a large submarine above it. Can any university scientist prove me wrong? Not company scientist, because we obviously can't trust those. Maybe fill the submarine with crap by using smaller submarines if it can't hold the cap on due to pressure. If that don't work than god damn.

That was the entirety of the private message I received, which is why I replied expressing my confusion.  It's complete gibberish out of context.  To try to respond though - sinking a large ship on top of the pipe, namely a ship hull filled with sand or something, strikes me as a not entirely bad idea.  Or maybe a really big thick-skinned beanbag.  Hey, why not suggest it?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 79