Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: H4cker  (Read 12148 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: H4cker
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 03:55:43 pm »

>head back into your house, gather possesions (money, mobile phone, passport, etc), and anything incriminating.
ost importantly: our hard drive.

Realize you're not a hacker, but a cracker script kiddie. Hackers are cool, and clime is not cool.
The original meaning of the term hacker was not someone who illegally broke into computer systems, but merely someone skilled in finding loopholes in security measures. It also applies to those who create those measures. Some hackers do engage in illegal activities, but the majority merely explore computer systems for fun, for the challenge(which is the same reason many of those who crack DRM do it. They don't care about the piracy their work allows, heck, they have to get a copy of the game to experiment on somehow, eg: buying it). The term has only acquired a negative connotation from the media not having any idea what they are talking about when it comes to computers. Just some interesting facts most people don't know.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 03:56:48 pm »

>Go to the nearest telephone cell; call a cab, go to the airport, move to cuba.

This, but don't call a cab. Rather knock on the window of the car, and ask the person inside, can he take us to the airport.
You knock on the door of the cab, and see the figure inside quickly scramble up, and someone else scramble up from underneath him. After a few seconds the window opens, revealing a messy man with ruffled hair, and a rather disgruntled look upon his face. You also notice a blonde woman behind him.

"Would you mind taking me to the airport?", you ask politely.

"In case you can't see, I'm slightly busy here." He replies, before closing the window and getting back into the position he was previously in.

>Knock on the door of your neighbour's house, ask if they have experienced similar problems (lack of power, etc)
You run over to the neighbours house, and knock on the red front door. After waiting for a while you come to the conclusion that no one is in.

>head back into your house, gather possesions (money, mobile phone, passport, etc), and anything incriminating.
You quickly burst into your house, before running upstairs and gatghering your possessions. In the corner is your computer, you consider backing everything up to an external drive but then remember how much you are overreacting to a power cut.

>"I remember going abroad once - I went to euro disney. There was almost a spot of trouble with the gendarmes, but I got out of it. They didn't realise that I had been taking the mickey. (Oh, I should be writing these down...)
You think this to yourself as you consider going somewhere cool, and sliently chuckle.

Realize you're not a hacker, but a cracker script kiddie. Hackers are cool, and clime is not cool.
You take a moment to mull this over, before coming to the conclusion that you are a pretty damn awesome hacker. After all, you can hack the Bank of England.

Inventory:
> Passport
> Wallet (£50, credit card)
> Mobile phone (High battery, no credit)
> Lighter

>
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 04:00:39 pm »

Inspect the other homes. Are they dark as well? if not then we know they're onto us, if they are also dark then its just a power cut.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 04:14:49 pm »

> Hide the hard drive just in case, then get to sleep.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 04:26:53 pm »

Inspect the other homes. Are they dark as well? if not then we know they're onto us, if they are also dark then its just a power cut.
You look outside, no one else's lights are on either, although, it is 3:00 in the morning, so it is likely that no one else will have lights on anyway.

> Hide the hard drive just in case, then get to sleep.
You take the multiple external and internal hard drives out of your machine, before heading to bed. Time passes but you can't get to sleep. Eventually you hear a bump downstairs and some footsteps, it seems that someone is in your house.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 05:30:20 pm »

Get out NOW!
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 05:35:53 pm »

Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 05:50:09 pm »

>Prepare Krap Karate skills
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Raviaric

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CARDBOARD_BOXES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 10:00:04 pm »

>Retrieve arm(ament)s.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 01:03:52 am »

Run awaaaaaay

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 05:58:25 am »

Grab a weapon, get out, and then circle around the house and come in behind the intruder.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2010, 10:05:46 am »

>Retrieve arm(ament)s.
You lift up your mattress, revealing a 9mm pistol, with one full magazine.

Get out NOW!
You, once again, dive out the broken wibndow, this time remembering to protect your arm.

Grab a weapon, get out, and then circle around the house and come in behind the intruder.
You run around th house, through the gate and towards the open front door. You creep into the house, pistol at the ready, although you are hesitant to use the weapon.

Inventory:
> Passport
> Wallet (£50, credit card)
> Mobile phone (High battery, no credit)
> Lighter
> 9mm pistol (12)

>
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2010, 10:29:57 am »

>Creep up on yon household invader.
Long Live United Forenia!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2010, 06:13:35 pm »

Be loud, then hide.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2010, 08:27:10 am »

go to a cafe and drink coffee
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7