Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Welcome to... Elderearths, I suppose?[Comunity Fort]  (Read 3045 times)

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to... Elderearths, I suppose?[Comunity Fort]
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 08:10:05 pm »

Aha, update time~
_____
It is still spring and the dwarves or out of food. Or rather, didn't have any food to begin with. What's worse is that there is no booze, and what they had to drink instead was a poor excuse for water.

Food isn't exactly in abundant supply either.

The horses weren't staying as far away as they should have. Many of the dwarves had heard the tales of elephants and preyed horses were not the same. Urist McSpartan and Krimson Calamity chased them away.

Then they spotted some groundhogs and chased after them in hopes of killing them for meat.

Unfortunately, the creatures are faster than the dwarves.

The dwarves are not comforted by the fact that the season has changed.

The outpost they have set up does very little to keep out the elements, but it does it's job.

And on the 1st of Machalite...

One of them, at least, was a farmer by the name of Dave. He managed to get some longland grass planted, and before anyone ate it, he manged to turn it into beer. Huzzah, Alcohol! The same dwarf who did this also killed the mule who pulled the original wagon for it's meat. Food and drink may not be in a surplus, but they aren't in short supply either.

The dwarven caravan should arrive any day now...

And the outpost? Doing well enough...
Oh and Lokii, your job is now to seduce the human traders.

Surt the Destroyer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 09:22:03 pm »

I'll be Momez.

Name: Grauph Septim
Skills: mining
Proficient brewer.

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 03:46:38 pm »

Alright. Starting again today. Imma try to make this one more story based than last time.

Leesin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 03:57:15 pm »

Can I has a character ? anything you want, even a migrant-recruit, named Leesin of course :)

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
Elderearths[Comunity Fort]
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2010, 06:45:15 pm »

Outpost Liason Goden approached the supposed location of the outpost of Elderearths. True, he has used his own money to fund the expedition, but that didn't mean he wanted to hike out to the middle of nowhere every fall. He sighed rubbing the bridge of his nose. Just then a caravan guard, a marksdwarf, started shouting about something and ran off. He came back not a few minutes later, trailing blood after him.
"Well?"
"Well what, sir?"
"What were you chasing after?"
"Uh, a horse sir."
"Did you have to make such a mess of it?"
"..."

Another shout, Goden didn't see how military dwarves could stand it, because he seemed to be in a constant hangover, what did they drink, water?! He did at least try to listen to what they were saying this time... and it did seem that they had finally arrived.

The image he saw was a promising one, there was quite a bit of stone, ore at that, lying outside the walls. He could only assume the walls themselves hid the entrance to the mines. The horses turned towards the trade depot, the dwarves became more and more frequent as they neared it. The lack of trees was something any self respecting dwarf would be proud of.
The air seemed colder than it should of been... ah that was right, they had been running a bit late...

He watched as four different dwarves were thrown into the water by a cougar. Turning to a random dwarf he asked about it. None of them seemed particularly upset. All of them were people in the army, and were attacking wolves in the area. Apparently "Broccoli", "Krimson Calamity", and "Urist McSpartan", as well as some others, were struck down.

I then asked about the entrance to the mine, as I couldn't see one. All the dwarves around me fell silent.
"We don't have a pick"
I have to wonder where they got all that stone from if they don't have a pick.
The traders that came with me overheard this as well and pulled out the picks they had brought with them. The even complimented the dwarves that were piling all sorts of wooden crafts into the depot.

I talked to the elected leader of this place, he asked for a bunch of seeds, apparently they didn't have any plump helmets either. I told them what we would be paying top dollar for next year.

He hardly even looked. We are leaving light one pickax and one anvil, and full of cheap wooden crafts. They might think they're getting a deal, but humans pay top dollar for this stuff...
___
I actually have no idea what made all the military dwarves drown... I have to assume they dodged into water.

...>3<

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2010, 07:00:47 pm »

No problem. I want a redorfing, though.

Name: Urist the Blue
Job: Axedwarf
Profession: Berserking Metalcrafter
Find me a metalcrafter who likes zinc, then draft them and ^these.

There's a story behind it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2010, 05:01:40 pm »

Finally getting the chance to play again. I'm thinking I should put this thing on a thumb drive :/

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2010, 06:13:21 pm »

Oh yes, one of these again! Will read up tomorrow once I've slept. In the meantime assign me any dwarf, please? Named Crunchblocks. :D

r3d5kull

• Bay Watcher
  • Hows this look for professional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2010, 09:33:08 pm »

Ok well wow... I think this is hard

ok I'll start a new squad the squad should be axedwarfs

name: Johann

ps: make my guy not trust the Spartans. Or wait did they all die?

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2010, 09:37:48 pm »

The Spartans are all dead...

Writing is hard when it's not in first person >w<

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2010, 09:40:26 pm »

Did we die in battle? With whom? How many did we kill?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2010, 10:14:36 pm »

Uh... wolves I guess? 2 people dodged into water and one got blood all over the farm before dying. Anyways, update~
---
A group of elves approached the site of Elderearths, mules bound with pound of rope reed cloth. Thinking they were lost a scout was sent ahead, he came back moments later with a sour expression on his face, he had obviously found the dwarves. The rest of the elves soon saw it as well; a building made out of the carcasses of dead trees surrounded by vomit,blood, and stone, a sure sign that dwarves inhabited this area.

But still, they had come to trade...
The dwarves must have seen them coming, as they had already started loading their goods into the depot. As soon as the merchants began unpacking, the brokers from both sides approached each other and met in the middle, the elf started.
"Ah, hello friend, what is your name?"
"...Crunchblocks"
"And...what will you be trading for today?"
"Booze"
"Of course, anything else?"
The dwarven broker looked around, there seemed to be a large number of dwarves hanging around the cages.
"Those too" He said, gesturing to the grizzly bears they had brought along.
And so the agreement was set, the dwarves left with booze and a breeding pair of bears, and the elves packed up their dwarf sized clothing. As they left, a human caravan passed them, the dwarves looked much more exited about their arrival...
------

------

The humans arrived and they had a good idea of what they were in for. Pounds and pounds of wooden crafts were piled onto their horses, while picks and alcohol was taken away. Almost no words passed, and soon enough the depot was empty. The dwarves,already anticipating the arrival of the liaison, started mining out more stone, making the underground portion of their fortress more impressive. Grauph Septim was voted the head of the miners (all 3 of them) as he had the most skill.

Work would have gone more smoothly if there weren't constant interruptions from those  annoying kolbolds...

One of the dwarves, a wood burner, finding that his talents were not of much use quite yet, let the tame bears to an impromptu kennel and did his best to train them into killing machines. It took him a while but he ultimately succeeded. Now the dwarves have something far more dangerous the mere bears.

----
Almost a year now, and the fortress is still pathetically small...that's what happens I suppose =|
There are only 13 dwarves living now, and most of them are named.

Also, what should I order for the next caravan?~
Pages: 1 [2]