Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Very dwarfy video  (Read 4213 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Very dwarfy video
« on: August 05, 2009, 04:19:43 pm »

I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

StealthArcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Very dwarfy video
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 04:30:43 pm »

That's the first time in a long time I've pressed play on a newgrounds flash and not regretted it ten seconds in.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 04:35:19 pm »

damn
and with the guy's art style, the first character actually looks like a dwarf

Scarpa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 04:36:31 pm »

That was pretty sweet.

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 06:10:24 pm »

First one is way better.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 06:26:36 pm »

Every time I go to newgrounds I get herded towards the hentai. This has let me down. :D
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

nordo

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think so, Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 08:12:32 pm »

>Very Dwarfy

Where was the colossal statue of a dwarf with an obsidian penis that shoots magma?
Prepared monarch butterfly brain.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 09:29:58 pm »

>Very Dwarfy

Where was the colossal statue of a dwarf with an obsidian penis that shoots magma?

I'm assuming they hadn't gotten a large enough area properly drenched with the blood of their enemies by the end of the video.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 09:37:47 pm »

It lacked murderous elephants, bones all over the place, and a flaming dwarf breaking every part of another before actually killing them.

And to top it off, the mountain overflows with magma destroying everything on screen. And as post-credits, a single epic-clad dwarf walks out defeated as a child merrily dances on the remaining bones waving goodbye.

...We need a recap of Boatmurdered in flash. Even if it has to be shortened for length. I mean, how awesome would that be to watch?

But in all truth it was refreshing to see a well animated clip on NG. And I agree, it's better than the second clip. The second one was just depressing.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 10:05:30 pm »

...We need a recap of Boatmurdered in flash. Even if it has to be shortened for length. I mean, how awesome would that be to watch?

Some things are too awesome for a remake. You can't really do Boatmurdered justice.

Video was awesome, by the way. Forgot to mention that...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 10:11:32 pm »

I guess you're right. But you gotta admit, it would be pretty funny/epic if done right.

Of course, we would need a legendary flash animator to even make such an epic show; but for the best quality, it would require one hell of a fey mood to do it right.

HatfieldCW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 11:21:28 pm »

I like it, and I think human settlements should work like that, with individual buildings and some kind of family organization that dwarf fortresses don't really care about.  Offer a bonus for having the bedroom, dining room and living space all under the same roof, and have rules for how big a structure can be without collapsing (7x7 rooms, penalties to stability as overall building size increases, dependent upon skill of architect).

One of my favorites on NewGrounds, great job matching the music to the animation.  When it zooms into his eye and the music swells I always get a little lump in my throat.
I brake for stumble bumblings

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 07:41:26 am »

This was utterly epic.

I second that human settlements should work like this.
It also reminds be about how the construction of a building counts as an historical event in DF.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...