Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: TACTICUS  (Read 47067 times)

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TACTICUS
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2007, 07:39:00 pm »

Under rule 4042.5, subsection 3c, I'll apply "Raw Editing Powers" to give all Fish the ability to walk on land. Since the forest is right next to the river I now control it, and I'll begin an assault on the Gate.
lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2007, 07:44:00 pm »

I'm playing the undermine gambit and suiciding a miner to collapse the still with the iron man in it, while simultaneously sending a second miner to attempt to deal with the carp via 'operation riverdrain' in sector IV 7 level -1.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2007, 07:50:00 pm »

Go look up Nomic on wikipedia.
It might be interesting...
Since the point of the game is to change the rules(they start off intentionally boring)
Eh?
Eh!

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2007, 07:53:00 pm »

I'll join, but that'll require the mandatory-partner Crystal Spines rules.  (If you're not familiar, most books that cover Unib Tablepunt's unexpected shared victory in 1489 will cover them.).  Choose an available partner on your next turn for combined score; I'll join Alfador and play six miners and a war goat entering the map under the 9-6 peripheral mountain (Z-1).  The Highknuckle Underminer gambit never gets old.  Watch out for your buildings and edibles when they arrive under the south border next turn!
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

CharonX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2007, 08:05:00 pm »

Hmmm, already the board has become very complex.
I join and choose THLawrence as team-partner (I hope a wide spread will be more beneficial should some try the Phantomime Gambit)
In addition I invoke the "free-for-all" option, as we now have 10 players or more, to be able to attack on the first turn.

As Capntastic's Ironman (and his kittens) have fortunately left the still, I shall strike there (the overcrowding would haven given me a too high penalty otherwise)!
I place 3 deer in the still (scaring Xgamer4's brewer away and seizing the still, which scores me 3 points) and spawn a skeletal lungfish on the food-stockpile (I save the remaining starting points for later use)

Finally I end the turn, advancing the year to 1052 (Spring).

Let's see your dwarfs work without access to booze!

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2007, 08:25:00 pm »

Guys, I just have to say this is awesome and I can't believe you guys are playing without....  well you know.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2007, 08:35:00 pm »

Very well, I claim Citizen of Erl as my partner, for no good reason at all. my woodcutter, terrified, flees from my groundhogs, triggering the Granite Table maneuver in the vicinity of the fortifications. Whenever a unit flees, all "animals" must cluster around him, so long as there are less than 27 felsite thongs in play, causing the unit in question to bounce around like a pinball.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2007, 08:50:00 pm »

Brilliant work CharonX.

Operator 1 has created keskal an artifact dwarf bone crossbow.
All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. This crossbow is adorned with rings of dwarf leather and menaces with with spikes of dwarf bone.
Operator 1 has become a legendary bowyer.

Operator 1 constructs 6 additional crossbows.
Operator 3 starts fire at will on the catapult targeted towards QA6.
Deploy miners 2 and 4 to IV 7 to redirect the flow of water to the magma vent.
Finally I deploy a giant cave spider to the forest to slow down the carp. Since they can only walk on land but not breath air this will cause them all get caught in the webs and be unable to return to river. Then they will suffocate.

I'm not going to include a review of the current units as there are to many now. Happens within a few turns when using pantshelm rules. Unless you take the rumredrumred rumredrumed rumred variation. But we're not doing that since all units upon appearence on the field become possessed.

CharonX we've got 6 masterwork/exceptional crossbows. Put them to good use.

ACK, I forgot the commentary.

Operator 1 raises keskal an artifact dwarf bone crossbow.
Operator 1: Look at what I have created, I call it keskal.
BOOMING VOICE: Good, now make 6 more.
Operator 1: On it.

Miner 2&4: OOOOOOHHHHH we'll dig and channel till we drown each other,
          oooooorrrrr at least the demon.

Operator 3: Fire, Fire, Fire....

Giant cave spider: Hiss

Sorry about that, really want that beyond quality modifier for when we need more bolts. The original load won't last long.

[ November 09, 2007: Message edited by: THLawrence ]

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2007, 12:25:00 am »

Scare away my brewer, will ya? Hope you don't need that Still.

I place four miners on the hill below the still and have them begin tunneling in to undermine the Still. I also set up my secret counter to anyone attempting a similar undermine strat.

EDIT: Fixed a typo.

[ November 10, 2007: Message edited by: Xgamer4 ]

insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2007, 12:30:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by WillNZ:
<STRONG>Hmmm... I hate to break up the fun, but I was looking through the Pantshelm rulebook, and it says that the elves arrive in two turns and they're serious about naming each tree. I hope this doesn't interrupt anyone's strategy.</STRONG>

Ug, don't tell me you're using the 8th edition rulebooks. Things really started to go downhill after 5th edition and the whole rhesus macaque pirate fiasco. Really, unless you're sold on the new stock market tables you're better off sticking with 4th edition books and maybe house-rule in the 6th edition supplemental rules for animal drunkenness.

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2007, 01:02:00 am »

Oh, you're right! I forgot the whole "airbreathing" tag!

Well in that case (and since I'm still by myself), I'll activate Operation Impossible Anthill. This allows me to place objects in locations that they normally are not allowed. I will therefore place buckets of water around each of my carps, so they have something to swim in.

Finally I'll make the Secret Alliance maneuver, which allows me to chose a non-Dwarven race, write it somewhere, and not reveal it. In four turns that race will send me 10 CR worth of reinforcements, of my choosing, unless anyone assaults land I control (which, currently, seems to be only the river) or attempts to attack any of my in-play units.

lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

Blargh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://No...
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2007, 01:19:00 am »

TACTICUS! Wow, it's been a while now, this is kinda exiting.

Gotta agree with the whole not using the 8th edition, though, I've never agreed with the normalization of intoxication effects per alcohol unit. Sure, -some- dwarves reached a blood alcohol level of "spontaneous self-combustion", but hey, that just adds flavour!

I know that you've all moved, however, per rule 42 of less-than-infinate-unlikelyness, I invoke the Michael-Baxter precedence, and place a purple-nosed ridge-back scalyfin Dragon whelp carrying 28 felsite thongs at +13 levels above, or in near vicinity to, the Catapult.

Having a carrying capacity of only 25 felsite thongs, the Dragon whelp plummets to the ground, on impact killing a small hoary marmot named Stan, which yields 1,3 points per felsite thong over the carry limit. Enraged, the remaining hoary marmots equip small sharpened sticks and rush to the trees, startling a small pack of amphibious olms, causing a very slow stampede towards the still. It will arrive in aproximately 236 turns.

Commentary:

Purple-nosed ridge-back scalyfin Dragon whelp: "Again?"

Stan: *squelch*

Hoary marmots: *terrifying enraged chirps*

Olms: Ehm... olm?

As per the rule of assumption, I am assumed to have made a very clever move, multiplying all my points for this round by a factor of 5.

quot;Wise men often quote other wise men. The wisest quote themselves."

- Blargh (2007)

Xenomorph

• Bay Watcher
  • has sprung from ambush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2007, 04:16:00 am »

Interesting.  Interesting.

But, as I'm sure you know, catapulting a felsite rock is grounds for the Hoary Marmot Defense...

Half my goblins rush forward to QA4 and start hurling live monarch butterlies at the catapult and its operator.  The other half remain behind as the rock hits, splattering three and scattering the rest onto the surrounding squares.  They immediately begin sneaking towards the gate.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2007, 04:38:00 am »

Now when my Hammerer is done with his cage I invoke the Random Noble Arrive rule and a king dwarf arrives at my cages and in 0-3 turns he will make up a demand.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Sparksol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2007, 05:13:00 am »

It's that time again!

As the Random Event Referee, I'm here to say that there's no apparent random effects happening at this time.

Oh. And if the Demon remains unmoving for much longer, it'll lose it's motion sickness.

Religion, over time, tends to diverge. Science tends to converge.
Funny thing about magic, it doesn't consistently go either way.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21