Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: TACTICUS  (Read 46740 times)

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
Re: TACTICUS
« Reply #300 on: June 24, 2009, 09:14:22 am »

Oh no.  Somebody set me up the Carp.

I make an emergency D20 roll to remove my zigs.

...5.  I have to wait until my turn comes along.
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 24, 2009, 11:02:57 am »

I now I'm late, but I think the rules allow me to come in play as long as I discard any 12 dwarves (Let's say 2 cheesesmaker, a lye maker, 3 potash makers, and an handful of milker.)

With the remaining bone and a stone, I start to produce some *bone craft* that I'll use to upset some elves.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #302 on: June 24, 2009, 01:16:44 pm »

Wait, hold on, is that the version 8 "annoy" effect, or the version 8.5+ effect from the Special Edition Elfcutter rulebook?

If it's the second, remember to move at least three beard spaces forward in addition to gaining 30 points per elf.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 24, 2009, 04:03:32 pm »

To aviod any more rule disagrements I'll just use rule 37g of Basic Tacticus ver.2 and move both my thread in to a Pine tree at J12 and take the three turn penalty plus the temporary defencive increase as long as all my units remain in the tree.
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 06, 2009, 05:04:53 am »

using the standard starting rules as of the main rulebook (chapter one, paragraph 3, line 16) i create an expedition of 7 dwarves, taking no skills i instead sell everything and buy 1.3 thousand cave wheat seeds and place them in a single barrel due to the realistic item size supplements rulings on seed size (chapter 4[plants and seeds], paragraph 13, table 4.3.1, row 49), embarking on the north-east edge of the map. This causes a buffer overflow due to an array out of bounds try-catch block loop, causing the games stack to crash into the memory reserved for random number generation, causing land in the north east quadrant to randomly morph between terrain, creature, and object types, meaning a sqaure of grass becomes a stack of 52 *Dragon roasts* before becoming a legendary goblin child bone carver, who promptly exits the twisting mire of computational flux, fixing his state.

for 1.3 duodecillion cpu cycles the north east section is in constant flux and will randomly switch between any physical object in the game, only becoming permenant if it leaves the area as per the documentation contained in the error handling supplement (page XXVI, section 5, case number #2149762241)

starting dwarves: BLARG is there another!, join the many in the pleasures of the flesh
goblin child bonecarver: java.util.lang ThrowsException:516:return statement void.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 05:08:59 am by LordBaxter »
Just wondering if it would be possible (however unwise) to make demons a civilisation
I don't see any reason they couldn't be. What would happen if they breached the HFS?
Horrors! Annoying relatives in the deep!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #305 on: August 06, 2009, 10:12:41 am »

Tacticus Rulebook 1, Ch 1: Primary rules, Rule 3:

Everything bursts into flame.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 06, 2009, 10:24:57 am »

That is actually one of the final gambits, used to turn a lost game around or force a remise, also known as pulling the (red) lever.

Opting for such a gambit allows the drawing of a random token, which signifies a singular but mutually catastrophic event.
A good one is the magma flood. A valid tactic is to limit the event to outside only while having drawn an opponent's forces into the open. Usually though, this is used as a final 'equalizer' that affects almost every unit on the playingfield.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 10:29:43 am by Areyar »
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]