Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Regarding the naming of children (minor suggestion)

(1/3) > >>

Shzar:
I was thinking that when a dwarf fires out a baby, the child's surname could be a combination of his/her parents' surnames. So a child sprung from the loins of "Claspedsacks" and "Razorbodice" could become "Claspedbodice."  The child's first name could be along the lines of Bloat 183:Bloat183, CHILD NAMING, (Future): Children can be named after historical figures, including adventurers, and parents can explain why they selected the name. In general, the fame and infamy of adventurers can be realized in various ways.If someone suggested this already, I apologize. Clearly, it is a very small suggestion, but I would like to hear some thoughts.

axus:
What do they name the second child?  Razorsacks?

Kaleidoscope:
Surname - as in last name. It would still be the same for their second, third and forty-eighth child.

Fieari:
I say, make the culture follow matrilinear or patrilinear lines, and keep names the same.  Family names are important.  Changing it every generation to follow both parents lines dilutes familial ties.

herrbdog:
I would like to see married couples have the same surname as well. This would make it possible to tell who is married to whom. Even add to the profile.-A D, HAMMER-
He is the husband of C D, TAGGER. He is the father of B D, DIGGER.-B D, DIGGER-
He is the son of A D, HAMMER and C D, TAGGER.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version