Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The goblins, they're getting smarter.  (Read 5274 times)

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The goblins, they're getting smarter.
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 04:27:05 pm »

10 fps that's pretty bad, what kind of cpu you got?

With 200 dwarves and another 200+ animals, literally mountains of crap (I have over 6k plants I can't make barrels fast enough) and I rob most trade caravans so have no end of useless crap from them. I never really go below 30.
I thought NASA supercomputers were only used for research purposes.
Well, what else is NASA going to do if they been denied the funding to send astronauts into space now?

Mr. President, while i understand your decision to cut funding for space travel, but in our downtime we came up with an idea for a project to uplift Americans' hope and sense of optimism for the future just like the space program was supposed to.

.....So, can we take a bunch of Wall Street bigwigs, put them in a capsule, and drop them into the Yellowstone volcano? Please? It's for SCIENCE!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 04:42:34 pm »

Better make sure its just NASA that's playing DF, not the military.

Otherwise you might end up with strategies for wiping out Al-Qaeda by roofing over the sky and dropping magma on them.
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 05:37:28 pm »

Otherwise you might end up with strategies for wiping out Al-Qaeda by roofing over the sky and dropping magma on them.
well, it might be funny if they reacted like this:

Random al-qaeda: OMG THE SKY IS BLACK AND REDDISH ORANGE DURING THE DAY ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 05:41:02 pm »

"New Military Strategy: Floor is Lava."
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2010, 06:08:03 pm »

Then again, I currently have so much stone that opening the stocks menu for it takes a good 60 seconds. 45k of stone currently, and that's after smashing a good 20k, and using another 20k for building.

Ignoring just the plain old rock rock, what am I going to do with 1k gold nuggets, 1.5k copper nuggets, 2k hematite, 2.3k galena, 1k tetrahedrite, 170 native aluminium? Even hauling that will take forever. Then again, I could make at least 17 royal rooms with just the aluminium...

Yow, what does your fort look like?  I don't carve out materials I don't need, and don't make rooms I don't need.. seems like you have a lot of minerals for the heck of it.  I do keep a stockpile supplied with maybe SIXTEEN ores and another with coal/lignite, and another few squares of regular stone for the mason/craft dwarfs... but I don't go crazy digging things out.  I often have so much crap I just trace excessive amounts away, or as offerings.  Once you start studding/decorating your goods, you don't need 20 bins of mugs anymore to trade with.
igless

Dave Mongoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2010, 06:10:02 pm »

With 200 dwarves and another 200+ animals, literally mountains of crap (I have over 6k plants I can't make barrels fast enough) and I rob most trade caravans so have no end of useless crap from them. I never really go below 30.
Well, what else is NASA going to do if they been denied the funding to send astronauts into space now?

Do some actual science instead of fooling around in zero gravity?  ;D

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2010, 07:52:01 pm »

Do some actual science instead of fooling around in zero gravity?  ;D
There plenty of people who do that already. NASA does did it in space instead.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Firehound

• Bay Watcher
  • !!human!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 02:51:33 pm »

"New Military Strategy: Floor is Lava."

and flooding traps to flood the mountain.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 10:54:27 pm »

Hm...

Dropping an ocean of magma on targets from orbit.

THIS MUST BE TESTED. NOW.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2010, 11:01:37 pm »

Let's build a magma cannon on the moon!
Pages: 1 [2]