Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin friends  (Read 1957 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Goblin friends
« on: April 14, 2010, 03:05:58 pm »

Uh when I reclaimed my fortress the goblins that destroyed it were friendly and are actually helping destroy my enemies. Aren't they suppose to attack me on reclaim?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: Goblin friends
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 03:14:46 pm »

sounds like it's the same as it was in the last version, they should be friendly until more goblins show up, unless that's already happened, hm.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 03:27:46 pm »

Well a ambush just happened and one of the friendly goblins battered two of the goblins to death and I checked and they're from the same civ
It's FEF, not FEOF

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 03:58:52 pm »

Obviously they're interested in a worthy opponent.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dave Mongoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 04:26:42 pm »

I had the same thing happen - a squad of goblins when I abandoned were friendly when I reclaimed. One of them even skilled up to a goblin spearmaster from fighting other goblins :D .

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 04:41:30 pm »

Yeah they did all the fighting for me since I've been haveing trouble equiping my military
It's FEF, not FEOF

daoist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 11:51:34 pm »

I'm having the same problem - except my friendly goblins slaughter any trade caravans who come to visit. If I designate a squad to go kill a goblin they don't do anything since the goblin is friendly. D'oh.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 01:11:50 am »

...You cant kill friendly creatures? Huh? Im sure I have murdered plenty of cats "accidentally" before

daoist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 02:10:43 am »

My military dudes just stand around when I designate the goblin to be killed. They immediately run off to kill anything else, goats, etc.

Leesin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 02:41:35 am »

How do you actually 'designate' a target to be killed, I only have ever used 'patrol' and 'station' to get my military to go somewhere and attack a hostile, didn't know you could individually target someone ?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 03:05:34 am »

I recall that Toady stated that friendlies would be acceptable murder targets this version, but the game doesn't seem to respect that, which may be a bug.

Aside from your friendly goblins, even traders cannot be acceptable targets for kill orders.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 09:09:06 am »

How do you actually 'designate' a target to be killed, I only have ever used 'patrol' and 'station' to get my military to go somewhere and attack a hostile, didn't know you could individually target someone ?
quad menu, select the squad ([a],,[c], etc), [k]ill, then select the kill target on the map.
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 10:01:03 am »

Seems the behaviour changed between versions - previously yes you'd get the bug and you'd have friendly goblins, but they became hostile again on the next invasion. Now they're stuck in bugged allegiance to you.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 10:55:06 am »

Got somethign that you can order to be killed?  Good news.  It won't spook your masons so just wall the buggers in.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.