Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: This belongs in a museum  (Read 28787 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: This belongs in a museum
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2011, 10:18:52 am »

Sure, why not?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2011, 02:15:20 pm »

I was just wondering if any changes needed to be made to support the new stuff. Allowing clay bricks, for example. So it will work fine as-is?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2011, 12:56:20 am »

I was just wondering if any changes needed to be made to support the new stuff. Allowing clay bricks, for example. So it will work fine as-is?

You want to put a clay brick on a pedestal for posterity??
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2011, 01:29:02 am »

You want to put a clay brick on a pedestal for posterity??
...maybe?

I was thinking of making the pedestal from clay bricks actually. ^.^

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2011, 01:36:02 am »

Yeah, why not. This is an awesome mod.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2011, 01:42:06 pm »

This mod is great - I use it to put the weapons of fallen warriors in their tombs. Preserve that kill-list for posterity.

Anybody know how to mod an adventurer reaction to allow an adventurer to take the item from the case? This can be an easy way to store equipment for easy adventurer retrieval (otherwise you're limited to fiddling with lead bins or have to hunt for stuff scattered all over the map).

In my case I'd like to use it so my tomb-raider adventurer can retrieve named weapons, or if you're playing with adventurer traps on, you can have a reward in the middle of that maze-of-death.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2011, 03:15:38 pm »

This mod is great - I use it to put the weapons of fallen warriors in their tombs. Preserve that kill-list for posterity.

Anybody know how to mod an adventurer reaction to allow an adventurer to take the item from the case? This can be an easy way to store equipment for easy adventurer retrieval (otherwise you're limited to fiddling with lead bins or have to hunt for stuff scattered all over the map).

In my case I'd like to use it so my tomb-raider adventurer can retrieve named weapons, or if you're playing with adventurer traps on, you can have a reward in the middle of that maze-of-death.

Unless your tomb raider has building destroyer, then no. I suppose you could lure a building destroyer there.
Or you could build the building with wooden blocks as a component, and contrive to light it on fire maybe?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2011, 06:28:40 pm »

Not sure about an actual reaction, but as mentioned earlier in the thread, buildings deconstruct when the floor beneath them collapses. Have pedestal on top of a support linked to a lever (which you can pull in adventure mode), and you should be able to pick up whatever was inside.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Alu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2011, 07:01:46 am »

Is there any way to make a building attract attention?
Like, if you have a normal table, a chair, a bed and an artifact display case, as far as I know, they give their attention equally/random to those objects, even if most of them are trash while one item has the worth of a kingdom.
Maybe I should make it a feature request..
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 09:38:25 am by Alu »
"He admired a wonderful Trap lately"

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2017, 08:31:44 am »

A old one but a good-un. Can't believe i haven't heard of it before.

Would be a nice workshop for helping train up future scholars if you added a cost of a paper sheet for each important interaction.

> Lecture about object (splits into subcategory of reactions for each scholar branch) - Teacher, Speaker skill increase, subjective- uses paper as a preserved reagent.

> Make notes on object - Writer, wordsmith, student, reader (tactics/poetry as a sub branch?) - Perhaps directly consume paper on each reaction but gives out better XP

> Admire object - observer, student (no cost)

Code: ( From the OP just as a reminder) [Select]
[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:DISPLAY_CASE]
[NAME:Display Case]
[NAME_COLOR:7:0:1]
[DIM:1:1]
[WORK_LOCATION:1:1]
[BUILD_LABOR:MASON]
[BLOCK:1:0]
[TILE:0:1:'#']
[COLOR:0:1:0:7:0]
[TILE:1:1:'#']
[COLOR:1:1:0:7:0]
[TILE:2:1:'#']
[COLOR:2:1:0:7:0]
[TILE:3:1:147]
[COLOR:3:1:7:0:0]
[BUILD_ITEM:1:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
[BUILD_ITEM:1:BOX:NONE:GLASS_CLEAR:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
[BUILD_ITEM:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:LECTURE]
        [BUILDING:DISPLAY_CASE:CUSTOM_L]
        [CATEGORY:LECTURE]
        [NAME:lecture a subject]

[REACTION:LECTURE_CRITICAL_THINKING]
        [CATEGORY_PARENT:LECTURE]
        [BUILDING:DISPLAY_CASE]
        [NAME:lecture critical thinking subject]
        [REAGENT:sheet:10000:SHEET:NONE:NONE:NONE]
                [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
                [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
        [PRODUCT:75:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
        [SKILL:CRITICAL_THINKING]  <- Requiring somebody already with the field or any of the below skills.
        [SKILL:TEACHING]
        [SKILL:SPEAKING] <- Easy to get from telling stories in the tavern/talking, will effect how good they are at doing the job so burrow your natterboxes into the workshop to isolate.
Pointing out any mistakes that i've made with my reactions here to breathe new life into this object would be helpful.

I half wish this thread was moved into the suggestions category, its very high quality. Apologies to necro but i thought i would add my own contribution to it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 08:37:27 am by FantasticDorf »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]