Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The Crone. Listen to her?(this poll for fun.)

Yes. She's quite obviously a plot device
- 6 (24%)
Yes. Listen to your elders.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. Who doesn't listen to crazy old woman in the middle of nowhere?
- 6 (24%)
No. She's obviously senile.
- 4 (16%)
No. She smells like... Old people...
- 7 (28%)
No. I think she's right, but I love to lose!
- 2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35

Author Topic: Bay 12:Into the game, chapter 3:A Crone And a Warning  (Read 72076 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12:Into the game, chapter two:The Founding Of Cities
« Reply #480 on: May 25, 2010, 04:34:28 pm »

Whew, I lost this, thought it had died.

Who wants to start rediscovering modern science with me? :D

I got a accounting book in my bag, we can use that to restart the bureaucracy.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 25, 2010, 04:55:47 pm »

Whew, I lost this, thought it had died.

It will never die!

How much longer until we get there?!
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 25, 2010, 05:00:07 pm »

How much longer until we get there?!

Hush, we need a random encounter or two first....

!

I want to do this entire march (s)tealthy! forget picking flowers wild cucumbers.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 31, 2010, 08:03:54 pm »

*bump*
To be partly feline,

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 31, 2010, 08:07:21 pm »

Are we there yet?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 01, 2010, 06:38:53 pm »

I want to play!

Name: Hastur a 6 foot 195 lbs male human wearing cargo pants and 2 shirts and socks and underwear (no boots on), leather belt

Items on me: 1 Silver ring ,3 copper rings, classy watch, gold necklace, gold bracelet, rope bracelet. invisalign teeth retainer.

Items sucked in with me: 2 electric guitars, 1 wooden guitar, 2 cups 1 glass, pens, tablet, needles, jewlery tools, steel wire, copper wire, foam training axe, like 6 kinds of tape, guitar picks, broken but functional laptop, skeletal candle, paper, a bag of chips, 2 files, box cutter, little gass torch, an obsidian orbs. and a crate.

Skills: Proffesional Digger, accomplished wood cutter, adequate ambusher, novice diagnoser, adequate wound dresser, adequate wood burner, dabbling metal crafter, Talented pump operator, expert record keeper and organizer.

Combat Skills: Competent axe and maceman, talented shield and spear user, Adequate wrestler skilled striker, adept dodger and fighter.

Social Skills: Talented Student (and i think im a talented pacifier and consoler) competent liar and judge of intent, and negotiator. Adequate flatterer and conversationalist.

Physically Im thin and strong, hardly ever get sick, but will get tired in about 5 minutes if i have to exert myself without pacing. So wrestling i get tired, but hiking or digging i can go for like 8 hours.

Mentally I dont have any more raw brainpower than the average person, but I am calm, rational and a fast learner, with an excellent sense of perspective, but I am impatient and irrational people frustrate me. I am lazy when happy but strong willed when frustrated.

Hastur is bad at haggling but good at negotiating a rational deal, and am too lazy or impatient to get exited about hard work unless it benefits me. Hastur is vain and greedy, but fair to others. i grumble working in the sun, and dislikes beer but loves luiqor. I am finicky about germs and cant cook, I am NOT sympathetic or generous to strangers.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 01, 2010, 06:41:01 pm »

Hastur? Hastur?! Hastur!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 01, 2010, 07:13:42 pm »

As we walk, I keep an eye out for kobolds, and try and "herbalist" up some plants.
You do so, and find quite a bit of food!

EVENT!

As you are walking through a forest clearing an old woman steps out from behind a bush. Her fingernails are like talons, gripping a knobbled oak staff. Her eyes look as if a giant had pressed two burning bits of coal into her face, and gouged out some wrinkles while he was at it. Her snow white hair is long and tagled, flowing down her back like the thicket you just emerged from.

"You are not following the path you were given." Says the Crone. Her voice is the rasp of dried leather rustling through grass, of crackling flames and smoke. She gives off an aura of great power.

"Find yourself the answers in the town of Oslee, in the hands of the forsaken-and-remade. Find yourself the solution in the caverns below Drumdeeps, the smoothe hole the dwarves have made. Find yourself the key in the black tower of Arg'Bonodel, obsidian of goblin-make. And find yourself the gate back home in the island in the lake.

"But stray not from the path ye be given, lest ye call the gods themselves upon your head! Kill not the forlorn hunter, else he be your death, and let not the key from the tower enter the hands of the noble long dead.

"Beware the one that you have killed, and all her little cubs. Beware the ones that ye have spurned, for they still wish your love. And beware the pups of whom ye have befriended, for they shall be your doom."

The Crone is silent, then walks away into the forest. You go to investigate, but she has left no trace of her passing...

((from now on, if you want to look at the map, or the team, or any of that, ask me. It's a bit of a hassle putting it up every time.))
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 01, 2010, 07:19:27 pm »

A-what?

Crazy old people. She was probably senile.
Oh and Lokii, your job is now to seduce the human traders.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 01, 2010, 07:20:03 pm »

I get up from the ground and try to clear my head. i conclude I must be dreaming and try to will into being a beautiful redhead that parachutes down and with a case of milkshakes. Once that doesnot work I ask my fellows who that woman was and where she came from. Also i start gathering up my things from the ground and putting them in my little crate.

I will leave behind one of my electric guitars because i cant carry it, I will carry my small items in my crate, sling my black guitar over my back and carry my wooden guitar in my right hand since making sweet music might come in handy later.

' "what path was she going on about? she referenced some places do we have a map? who are you people?"

I search through all my things, "DAMN" so many usefull things didnt get sucked in! my anatomy textbook and my boots were on the floor, I had a flashlike you recharage by shaking it just out of reach, I wasnt even wearing my fire retardant nomex clothes!

Hey anyone wanna trade? i need some steel toed boots and food. (I will start searching for food in my spare time)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 07:34:34 pm by Hastur »

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12:Into the game, chapter 3:A Crone And a Warning
« Reply #490 on: June 01, 2010, 07:33:58 pm »

Mutter to self, "Crazy old lady." Continue onward to the site.
To be partly feline,

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 01, 2010, 07:38:01 pm »

Mutter to self, "Crazy old lady." Continue onward to the site.
Same... I feel compelled to ignore her prophecy, just to see what happens.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 01, 2010, 07:43:16 pm »

So thinking about what she was saying, my theory is that we should ask around in Oselee, get a key from the black goblin tower, and take the key to the island. But we should found a fort and prepare before we even think about storming a goblin fortress. i for one am in no hurry to die, and thats assuming that the old crone is not full of it! Hell im in no hurry at all, what is waiting for us anyway? a way back?

(I cant vote in the poll but i think shes right but love to lose, or at least have some fun before I do)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 08:03:45 pm by Hastur »

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 01, 2010, 07:48:18 pm »

So thinking about what she was saying, my theory is that we should ask around in Oselee, get a key from the black goblin tower, and take the key to the island. But we should found a fort and prepare before we even think about storming a goblin fortress. i for one am in no hurry to die, and thats assuming that the old crone is not full of it! Hell im in no hurry at all, what is waiting for us anyway? a way back?

Contemplate this. Mutter, "He maybe onto something. We can build up our strength and then do whatever she was babbling about"
To be partly feline,

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 01, 2010, 08:10:07 pm »

Mutter "What's an Oslee?" in a muttery fashion.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35