Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafa - Round 16 - Game Over!  (Read 54214 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafa - Round 16 - Game Over!
« Reply #720 on: June 14, 2010, 08:03:09 pm »

Please pardon the moment of egotism, but I love how there were 2 pages of Dopple Chat devoted to stressing over making sure I was lynched. Did I really have you guys THAT worried? Also, I hope that in future games, Town will realize the value in keeping an Alien Extie around, and the problem they propose for Scum. Of couse, the next Extie could just prep for a stealth operation too, and avoid the whole deal. I was sorely tempted to do Camo and Shield, or Camo and Scanner. Ah well, die and learn.

Also, once I figured out what happened with Nuke, Criptfeind, and I N1, I should have realized that the only players who would know definitively that I was Exterminator would be Dopps, due to my Scientist w/ Sentry Guns claim (guns would have been spent on Nuke, and only Dopps knew that he guarded me)... Damn, I might have been able to out Leaf if I'd had a moment to pause and think.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 14, 2010, 08:09:44 pm »

Well, once you got lynched, it came down to the daygame.  Until then, you could avoid being killed, kill us, avoid town inspects and generally mess things around.  Also, working against the town meant we couldn't really guess who you'd try to shoot (your two previous kills looked horribly... attention-avoiding).  Kinda like a facedown card, we didn't know what you'd do next.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 14, 2010, 11:20:07 pm »

Exterminators are more threatening to Dopps than the lynch is.

The lynch might hit the Exterminator, a townie, or a Dopp. The Dopps have a say in who gets lynched. If they're skilled, they can aim the lynch away from themselves, because they know who's threatening them and exactly what those players are thinking.

With an Exterminator, it either kills a townie or a Dopp. It's impossibly hard to steer Exterminator kills away from the Dopp-team since the Dopps don't even know who they should be convincing and what that player is really thinking. All they can do is kill Exterminator suspects.

If we're gonna discuss the setup in general, we really should be in the Paranormal Discussion Thread.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 14, 2010, 11:56:33 pm »

I must say that at lest I got the alien. Or at lest I hurt the alien.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 15, 2010, 12:50:16 am »

Better than me, I guarded my own killer for fucks sake.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 15, 2010, 03:36:45 am »

I must say that at lest I got the alien. Or at lest I hurt the alien.
...no you didn't. I caught the bullets for him. His shield went unspent.
Long Live United Forenia!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 15, 2010, 10:07:38 am »

I was rather lucky about that, though that probably lead to me being outed by the Dopp team. Thanks for the guarding though.

It seems like a lot of Guards died at the hands of their charges. It's a dangerous line of work.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 15, 2010, 11:51:25 am »

Better than me, I guarded my own killer for fucks sake.

I am very sorry for that.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 15, 2010, 03:45:18 pm »

That's not even getting into the fact Ottofar was guarding you, too.

That begs the questions, if a Guardian and Vigilant Guard both protect the same player, what happens?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 16, 2010, 10:33:14 am »

That's not even getting into the fact Ottofar was guarding you, too.

That begs the questions, if a Guardian and Vigilant Guard both protect the same player, what happens?

Guardian saves first, Vengeful guard would protect against a second attack if one were to occur.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]