Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure mode: Why can't I trade?  (Read 844 times)

Afterburner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventure mode: Why can't I trade?
« on: May 14, 2010, 10:35:26 pm »

I am in a shopkeeper's stall.  There is a shopkeeper here.  I am trying to trade goods I have for goods he has.  I highlight the items on my side, and on his.  I hit "t".  And he says "Just tell me what you want and what you're willing to trade!"

I JUST DID, FOOL.

So what gives?

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode: Why can't I trade?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 10:49:04 pm »

The only thing I can think of to help you without just saying it's a bug is to make sure the items you're highlighting have a "T" next to them (or whatever denotes a highlighted item in trade, I forget). If they don't try making sure you're pressing enter, or that he accepts goods and not just cash.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Afterburner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 10:57:42 pm »

The only thing I can think of to help you without just saying it's a bug is to make sure the items you're highlighting have a "T" next to them (or whatever denotes a highlighted item in trade, I forget). If they don't try making sure you're pressing enter, or that he accepts goods and not just cash.

Items on both sides have the "T" next to them.  I have tried trading without currency.  I have tried trading with currency.  Nothing seems to work.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 11:10:12 pm »

I guess it's a bug, then. You can try saving, quitting then reloading.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Afterburner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 06:57:00 am »

Apparently the problem is that creature corpses don't have any value, despite having a value listed in the trade window.

knowbuddyuno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 10:16:00 am »

It may have changed in this version, but in older versions the only value you see in the trade window is the weight. I don't remember there being any way to see the monetary value of a good in addition to its weight.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 11:52:25 am »

It may have changed in this version, but in older versions the only value you see in the trade window is the weight. I don't remember there being any way to see the monetary value of a good in addition to its weight.

You can see how much things cost by asking for the max amount of money, then having the shopkeeper make a counter-offer.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 12:35:13 pm »

Check this guide if you are still having trouble:   http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51934.0

There is a bug in the new version where certain shopkeepers won't trade. Try another shopkeeper.
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.