Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: Tom's dungeon crawl.(TM) Turn 26:MASSIVE DAMAGE!  (Read 30165 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Tom's dungeon crawl.(TM) Turn 26:MASSIVE DAMAGE!
« on: May 15, 2010, 08:35:42 am »

Arr.

Note:This is the time I'll be posting at the most.

Medieval fantasy setting.Kinda D&D-ish.Kinda DF-ish.Miners discovered huge underground caverns.Lots of mercenaries sent to go forward and explore.You are a bunch of mentioned mercenaries.

There will be no levels.Your power relies on your decisions and items.Also no end.Just sandbox-y exploration.I also intend to kill and replace you fast.
Health isn't tracked.Scars are.Mana,hunger and thirst are tracked.
Spells work the standard roguelike way - find a book,read it,learn spell,cast from mana,or find scroll,read scroll,spell is cast,scroll vanishes.Mana is gained after resting or drinking potion(+50 mana).Summons are controlled and their actions don't interrupt your action.Therefore "I drink my mana potion while my skeleton attacks the goblin.".You can have 2 summons at a time.After a battle you have to roll your dice for every summon to find out if it stays for the next fight.
Teamwork encouraged.You can give an item to your team-mate as a free action outside of combat.
I'll have 5 players at a time.Queue allowed.

Form:

Name:Character name (user name)
Race:Humans,Dwarves,Elves.
Description:Looks and stuff.
Skills:Take 2,look below for list.
In hands:Equipped weapon.Shields go here too.No greed kthx.
Worn:Clothes and armor.No greed kthx.
Inventory:Not worn,not equipped.Maximum 8 slots.No greed kthx.
Mana:100/100.(Delete this if you don't know magic.)
Learned spells:Delete this if you don't know magic.If you know Death magic take "summon zombie(20)",Destruction magic  - "magic missile"(10),Holy magic -"heal minor wounds(10)".(The (numbers) show the mana cost of the spell.)

Skill list

Soldier
Effective with a single melee weapon (and shield).(+1)

Gladiator
Effective with dual melee weapons.(+1)

Warrior
Effective with two-handed melee weapons.(+1)

Archer
Effective with ranged weapons and throwing.(+1)

Death magic
Can learn and use death magic.(Summoning,debuffs,damage.)

Destruction magic
Can learn and use destruction magic.(Pure damage.)

Holy magic
Can learn and use holy magic.(Healing,buffs)

Medicine
Can heal using non-magical methods,identify and make potions and poisons.

Crafts
Can make weapons,armor and other useful stuff,when provided the needed materials.

Rogue
Can pick locks,find and disarm traps,get to places others couldn't access.

Survival
Good at tracking,finding raw material,getting and preparing food.(+1)

Strong will
Can survive a lot of damage,is partially immune to poison,good (+1) at resisting fear,pain and the like.

Well prepared
Can carry more items.(+4 slots.)

Suggested misc. items you can take on start:Health potion,mana potion,starting spell scrolls,lockpicks,food,dishes,sleeping bags,adventuring gear like rope,poles,vials and the like.Feel free to take other items.

Players:

Name:Saret (Askot Bokbondeler)
Race:Human
Description:a tall, muscular man, with the entire head shaven exept for a long ponytail. 
Skills:death magic, gladiator
In hands:iron scimitar (blood enchantment),iron scimitar
Worn:a leather vest that covers the chest, human bone bracers, silk pants dyed purple
Inventory:two health potions, water canteen
Mana:60/100
Learned spells:summon zombie(20),dark beam(10),repair undead(10).
Wounds:Cursed,weak,battered body.
Thirst:40%
Hunger:60%
Wealth:4 coins

Name: Systar (Toaster)
Race: Dwarf
Description: An average height dwarf, but not as broad as average.  Long, braided beard hanging down to the waist.  Dirt brown hair and beard.  Always wears a green headband.  Skilled in working with his hands and crafting useful objects- is a tinkerer at heart.
Skills: Medicine and crafts.
In hands: Iron battle axe.
Worn: Worn leather shirt and cloth pants.  Wears light bronze chainmail and an bronze helmet (think skullcap, not full head covering)  And of course, the green headband- sticks out from under the helmet.
Inventory: Set of tinker's tools,Portable alchemist set,water canteen,healing herbs,fungiwood crossbow,fungiwood bolts (4),lantern.
Wounds:Large cut in left hand,fungiwood bolt stuck in left foot,weak,battered body.
Hunger:100%
Wealth:24 coins

Name:Ochita(Ochita)
Description: Hes average for a human in size and he has brown hair and his eyes are brown. he has a large desire to learn new spells. Despite being young which has lead people to not taking him seriously. he is determined to show them that he is capable of mercenary work.
Skills: Holy, Destruction
In hands: Sling-staff
Worn: leather boots,robe,fingerless leather gloves,simple silver ring.
Inventory: 1 days iron ration, 1 mana potion, iron dagger, Small iron pot, steel & flint,necromancers head.
Mana:60/100
Learned spells:
magic missile(10),heal minor wounds(10),shield (20)
Wounds:Extreme burn wounds on right hand,weak,battered body.
Wealth:39 coins

Name:Kilakan (Kilakan)
Race:Dwarves
Description:Well-kept beard, braid, and straight long hair, hates deep creatures and goblins. Forward scout and guard for the royal dwarven army.
Skills:Soldier, Survival
In hands:Runed iron gladius,Bronze shield
Worn:Copper Helm, Copper chain armor, Copper leggings, Copper high boots, Copper gauntlets, civilian clothes beneath armor,iron chain coif under helm.
Inventory:tinder box, preserved ration,, dwarven wine flask, cooking set,deephound jerky,deep nuts,bandages,potion of cure infection/poison.
Wounds:Deep hole in left hand,crushed ribs,weak.

Name: Serolius (Spartan 117)
Race: Human
Description: He looks all evil and sorcerer-y. He has a faintly glowing mark carved into his left shoulder.
Skills: Death mage, destruction mage
In hands:Skull-tipped iron staff (holding 20 mana)
Worn: A dark purple robe, a grey cloth tunic with matching pants, leather boots
Inventory: A health potion, 3 mana potions, a pack of rations,canteen full of water,rock,quarterstaff tipped with the star of chaos.
Mana:20/100.
Learned spells: Summon zombie(20), magic missile(10),dark beam(10),repair undead(10).
Wounds:weak.
Hunger:20%

Queue:
-Dave Mongoose
-Wolfchild

Hostile NPCs:

Lesser demon
Spells:dark beam,fireball,unknown spell.
Wounds:Small cuts on right leg,light burns on torso,two small holes in right hand,big cut on left leg,small bruises on right leg,small hole in chest,small cut on head,small cut in gut.

Wounds:None.

Summoned NPCs:

Zombie (Serolius)
Wounds:No left arm.

Zombie (Saret)

Zombie (Saret)

___
Kill tracker
Ochita:1 deep hound.
Saret:1 deep hound.
Systar:1 deep hound.
Kilakan:1 Bone knight,Usai (Boss).
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 01:35:36 am by tomas1297 »
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Tom's dungeon crawl.(TM)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 08:48:19 am »

reserve me a place for when i have time to fill out the forms

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 10:02:25 am »

Right.1/5 slots filled.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 03:08:01 pm »

Name:Saret
Description:a tall, muscular man, with the entire head shaven exept for a long ponytail. 
Skills:death magic, gladiator
In hands:two scimitars
Worn:a leather vest that covers the chest, human bone bracers, silk pants dyed purple
Inventory:two health potions, one mana potion, a water canteen and a portion of bread
Mana:100/100
Learned spells:summon zombie(20)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 03:15:54 pm »

Name: Systar
Race: Dwarf
Description: An average height dwarf, but not as broad as average.  Long, braided beard hanging down to the waist.  Dirt brown hair and beard.  Always wears a green headband.  Skilled in working with his hands and crafting useful objects- is a tinkerer at heart.
Skills: Medicine and crafts.
In hands: Bronze battle axe.  (Not a huge one, but ~2 foot handle with a single blade.)  No shield.
Worn: Worn leather shirt and cloth pants.  Wears light chainmail and an iron helmet (think skullcap, not full head covering)  And of course, the green headband- sticks out from under the helmet.
Inventory: Set of tinker's tools.  Portable alchemist set.  One health potion, a week's worth of trail rations, and a canteen filled with dwarven whiskey.
Learned spells: Nil.

If that's too much, let me know and I'll tone it down.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 03:57:06 pm »

Name:Ochita
Description: Hes average for a human in size and he has brown hair and his eyes are brown. he has a large disire to learn new spells. Despite being young which has lead people to not taking him seriously. he is determined to show them that he is capable of mercenary work.
Skills: Holy, Destruction
In hands: Sling-staff
Worn: leather boots,
Inventory: 1 days iron ration, 1 mana potion, iron dagger, Small iron pot, steel & flint
Learned spells
Destruction magic:
magic missile(10)
Holy magic:
heal minor wounds(10)

How's this?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 05:39:05 pm »

Name:Kilakan
Race:Dwarves
Description:Well-kept beard, braid, and straight long hair, hates deep creatures and goblins. Forward scout and guard for the royal dwarven army.
Skills:Soldier, Survival
In hands:Steel short sword, steel shield(decorated with spikes of goblin bone)
Worn:Iron Helm, Iron chain armor, iron leggings, iron high boots, iron gauntlets, civilian clothes beneath armor.
Inventory:tinder box, preserved ration, flask, dwarven wine in flask, cooking set (small knives, pot, basically what you need to cook a meal over a fire)

I AM SCOUT!
Nom nom nom

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 05:51:38 pm »

one to go

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 05:55:26 pm »

Askot Drizzit much? Also I seem to be the Healer at this point. At least I can still do damage.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 05:59:59 pm »

nah, not on purpose. i just wanted to make an evil arab necromancer-warrior, thought it'd be cool

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 10:00:31 pm »

Name: Serolius
Race: Human
Description: He looks all evil and sorcerer-y. He has a faintly glowing mark carved into his left shoulder.
Skills: Death mage, destruction mage
In hands: A quarterstaff tipped with the eight pointed star of chaos.
Worn: A dark purple robe, a grey cloth tunic with matching pants, leather boots
Inventory: A health potion, 2 mana potions, a pack of rations and a chaos-marked canteen full of water.
Mana:100/100.
Learned spells: Summon zombie(20), magic missile(10)

Would it be too much to ask for my canteen to make all liquid poisonous to anyone not me?
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 01:14:11 am »

Honestly,I'm surprised nobody took a holy/death mage. :P

Anyway,I made some modifications:
Askot - Scimitar material specified.Iron.
Toaster - Some material balancing.A buff actually.
Ochita - Spells reorganized,I gave you a robe because I can't let you run around naked like that.
Kilakan - Weaker materials.Starting with steel ain't fun.
Spartan -"Would it be too much to ask for my canteen to make all liquid poisonous to anyone not me?"
Yes.Don't worry,Death magic will have a lot of exciting curses later on.

GAME START

The gates close behind you as you enter the caverns.You follow a tunnel for a good 20 minutes.You are starting to think it is endless,but soon you see a huge underground world.
 You are standing on a cliff on the side of the cavern.There are many tunnels leading somewhere further.In the distance you can see a huge forest of giant mushrooms.You can see a small subterranean lake.Theres is also some smoke in the distance coming from an unseen source.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 01:53:11 am »

Serolius frowned as his eyes scanned the area from under his hood.

"So, what do you think we should do, my...comrades?"
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 03:16:34 am »

"Hmmm.. I dont know, but the smoke seems interesting. I mean There should be no one here... Right?"

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 03:23:10 am »

Modifications to gameplay mechanics:You can have max 2 summons.After a battle you roll dice for every summon you have to determine if it stays for the next battle.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20